NevenaIvanova

Reaction score
Hello,

Review replies disappeared for huge part of the businesses I manage this weekend. They are no longer showing in both GMB dashboard and the live Google pages.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? I raised this with Google Support and now I am waiting to hear from them as well.

Thank you,
Nevena

NevenaIvanova

Reaction score
Hi Joy,

To be honest, I am surprised that you haven't noticed any missing replies on your end, since the issue is quite significant for the businesses I manage. For example, 676 review replies vanished from ConradBengaluru - Google Search.

We received reply from Google Support that they will restore the missing review replies for a particular business in the next 24-48 hours. However, they did not specify reason or any insights on their disappearance.

I really hope someone could share any insights and recommendations on how to deal with this going forward, as it would be quite hard to work individually with Google Support on resolving over hundred cases.

Best Regards,
Nevena

NevenaIvanova

Reaction score
Hello,

There's a new wave with disappeared review replies - more than 1000 are missing for some of my businesses.

I am in communication with GS, but haven't received any helpful explanation or support yet.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
There's a new wave with disappeared review replies - more than 1000 are missing for some of my businesses.

Yes, I'm seeing more and more reports of this over the last 24 hours. We'll be posting an article about it this morning.

Theo1313

Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, I'm seeing more and more reports of this over the last 24 hours. We'll be posting an article about it this morning.
I came here for this very reason and found this thread (thanks forum search). I have noticed this happened to our GMB. I reply to every review almost within a few hours (minus when I sleep) but two days ago I noticed a bunch of replies has vanished. Not seeing a pattern on which ones have vanished. The missing replies seem random and go back as far as "12 weeks ago" -- 46 in total.

I am hesitant to start re-replying to them in hopes they come back. Plus, a lot of the replies I post are long!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I am hesitant to start re-replying to them in hopes they come back. Plus, a lot of the replies I post are long!
This is happening to a lot of people so I wouldn't start reposting - they should come back.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Replies to reviews all disappeared Help & Support for Google Local 4
P Replying to All GMB Reviews: Rank Impact? Local Reviews 8
keyserholiday Google review replies are working again. Local Reviews 6
LocalSEODat Hey Gang - if you get high volume of reviews and only reply to positive ones, is that a bad thing? Local Reviews 2
Cordell Crowley Google My Business Review: Auto-Suggested Reply Google My Business & Google Maps 8
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
JoyHawkins Technical Issues Impacting Review Replies Local Reviews 2
M Notification of replies to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ray Litvak Replying to a positive Google Review Local Reviews 3
Jo Shaer How Do I Reply To Google Reviews On The New Dashboard Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet Massive Google Review Problems Continue - Support Replies Local Reviews 1
JoyHawkins Reviews Not Publishing Local Reviews 6
NevenaIvanova Removing off-topic reviews posted before the business started operation Local Reviews 8
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Barb Davids Review restriction for dentists in AU? Local Reviews 3
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
D Spam Fighting With Reviews Spam on Google 7
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
E Review Spammer Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
Greg Bernhardt Why some categories show review snippet and some don't? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
DangGood GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Oliver Keates BBC - "Man to pay £25,000 damages over negative TrustPilot review" Local Search 6
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
swmaher Competitor Buying Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
A Diminishing Returns on Number of Reviews? Local Reviews 6
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
C Review attributes gone missing Local Reviews 1
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon Delay in Seeing New Reviews Postings Dec 2020 Local Reviews 2
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
Antonio 4500 plus reviews suspended for a 26-year-old hotel business. Local Reviews 17
Chris Ratchford Yelp won't remove a review from a rude reviewer Local Reviews 15
D Promote Reviews to Practice's Main GMB Profiles or Individual Doctors' GMB Profiles Local Reviews 1
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
rayrober Missing Reviews Local Reviews 10
R New GMB reviews gone Google My Business & Google Maps 6