More threads by Nikki Stine

Reaction score
I have a client who received a defamatory review by an ex-employee. It is a very clear violation because the reviewer SAYS he is/was an employee. (he posted this review under his own name after being fired by the company) I flagged the review on 11/17/21.

When I check the status, it still shows 'decision pending'. I know Google is 'working with a limited support team', but my client is obviously concerned about this review. I also inquired about it in the GBP Community, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Is there anything else to try at this point? Just reading the text of the review will show it is a violation.

Here is a link to my community thread: https://support.google.com/business...s-employee-still-shows-decision-pending?hl=en

Thank you!

@Nikki Stine, the chances are decent that Google will remove it...after a while. In the meantime, getting more people to pile on may help. Multiple flags seem to get Google's attention.

@JamesGreenaway, beyond what you're doing and maybe having others jump on the pigpile, not really. There is this new-ish feature from Google that may help, though: Manage your reviews - Google Business Profile Help

There is a good chance that in time some of the reviews will be filtered, without your needing to do anything in the meantime. But it's the meantime that's painful, of course.

@Nikki Stine, the chances are decent that Google will remove it...after a while. In the meantime, getting more people to pile on may help. Multiple flags seem to get Google's attention.

Thank you. I started to think that too, and had already started getting more people to flag the review. Hopefully it helps. Appreciate your opinion on this!

That's great to hear, @Nikki Stine. Yeah, even though with that cover fire Google often won't remove a review, without it Google is much less likely to give it a second look.

Hi @Phil Rozek

I am having a similar issue 8 negative reviews left with 24hrs for our clients Mercedes Car dealership. One of them was a disgruntled customer who said he would get his friends and family, which is obviously what has happened. I flagged the reviews using the review removal tool but they have been in "pending review
2 status for 3-4 weeks now and we've heard nothing.
Is there anything we can do to escalate this?
Thanks in advance

James

Hi Phil,

I hope this message finds you well.

Unfortunately we still have got nowhere with Google removing these reviews.
Mike Blumenthal kindly helped out and directly raised with the GBP team at Google but we have heard nothing. Here is the post on the GBP community.

I was wondering if maybe you or Joy Hawkins might be able to help out.

Best Regards,

James

Hi Phil,

I hope this message finds you well.

Unfortunately we still have got nowhere with Google removing these reviews.
Mike Blumenthal kindly helped out and directly raised with the GBP team at Google but we have heard nothing. Here is the post on the GBP community.

I was wondering if maybe you or Joy Hawkins might be able to help out.

Best Regards,

James

There has been an update to the forum rules about using this forum to request for help with the Google Help Forum. Google has denied the request to remove the reviews, nobody will be able to get you any different results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom