skifr

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was searching for an answer in the forum's archive, but the latest answer was from 2016, so I guess a lot has changed since then
I have a client who has 3 location in the same city with the same number
My questions are:
1. Can Google still flag these as duplicates? Is there any risk of taking down all the listings?
2. Even if not, it will affect negatively their local rankings?

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
There isn’t any issue using the same number. You will cloud your data as you won’t be able to tel which location is getting calls. GMB insights is only mobile clicks to call. I personally move all of my clients away from phone trees and using the same number for all locations. We using call tracking numbers so we can show our clients the call data.

skifr

Reaction score
Thanks Keyser!
You wouldn't find it as a negative factor?
The same question gies to toll free numbers

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
We didn’t use toll free numbers. We use local area code numbers from Twillio. Prior to switching we ran a few controlled test on a handful locations. We didn’t see any negative ranking impact. You do need to continue to monitor your GMB listings as user suggested edits will attempt to revert your number back to your old number. We have a 3rd party company that we use to push out fresh data to override the pending edits.

borislav123

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was searching for an answer in the forum's archive, but the latest answer was from 2016, so I guess a lot has changed since then
I have a client who has 3 location in the same city with the same number
My questions are:
1. Can Google still flag these as duplicates? Is there any risk of taking down all the listings?
2. Even if not, it will affect negatively their local rankings?

It is normal to use one national phone /if you are a chain of some objects, for example/ and it is ok.

We have a client with 10 gyms in the country and they are working with 1 phone number. Different addresses, pictures, etc prove that these are different locations.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
walkities Multi Location Using Same Phone Number? Local Search 2
D Multiple locations on GMB with the same Name and Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
B 2 Separate Businesses, Separate Addresses, Same Phone Number Local Search 6
Michael Charvet NAP Question: Same phone number at satellite office a bad idea, or is it workable? Local Search 2
F Sharing The Same Phone Number? Local Search 3
MichaelW Business has 2 Different Websites with same phone number and address Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Gsmithmike Can you have two google local listings with same address and different phone numbers? Local Search 3
Lloyd Silver Multiple DBAs within same industry, same address, different phone numbers Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Multiple phone numbers for the same location? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H hmmm. Business with same addres and/or same phone number Local Search 6
Craig Smith 2 Listing with same phone number but different business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S Should Franchisees with the same phone numbers have separate listings? Help & Support for Google Local 5
M Which phone number for 2nd business at same address? Local Search 8
R Multiple Businesses with Same Phone Number & Address - Change One? Local Search 0
d2minc Client Rebranding and Moving - Same Site and Phone - New Name and Address Citations 3
Scott Rawlins New Dentist, New Site, Same Address, Phone and Staff Citations 9
JoshuaMackens Multiple Locations Using Same Call Center Phone Google My Business & Google Maps 7
C Duplicate Practitioner Listings - both with different address but same phone Help & Support for Google Local 8
D Best Way to propagate citations. Purchased an SMB: new name, same phone # & Address Citations 3
EduarddeBoer Problem with two different locations having same address Google My Business & Google Maps 9
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
J Same Location, Same Owners, Still a Restaurant, Total Rebrand Local Search 3
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
RattlingTram Wild rank variations for plural v singular & same intent single keyword searches Ranking Puzzles 2
M Google says information isn't the same between two listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
EmilyW Problems with immediate suspension: confused as the UPS in the same shopping center? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
stevedimatteo Separate Businesses at Same Mailing Address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
Jens Multiple local pages for the same location? Local Content 1
Rich Owings How to remove reviews left by same person for each location All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 21
Mmclean07 How to handle 2 offices at same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
lincolnchan Ideas for outranking competitor with same business name Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
L Yelp merging two listings with the same name Citations 1
N Would changing the main business category drop a GMB rankings significantly or at all if it's in the same industry? Local Content 7
Conor Treacy Same address, showing two different locations Google Duplicates & Merges 2
KristiSimone Change to reviews from same IP address? Local Reviews 6
P 2 Businesses, Same Address, 1 local, 1 SAB Google Duplicates & Merges 5
J Linking retail store within museum to same GMB Help & Support for Google Local 7
W Should multiple nearby hotels target the same area attraction? Recycle Bin 0
DanielTexasLira Should multiple nearby hotels target the same area attraction? Local Search 5
Craig McBreen Two businesses, different names, point to same website Google Duplicates & Merges 1
A 6 doctors and clinics all with same NAP. How do you get into 3 pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 20
Shelly Opinions wanted: Answering Q&A on another GMB panel (within a different category) as a business in the same town Google My Business & Google Maps 8
EmilyW Multiple businesses, same location Google My Business & Google Maps 17