haileym

Reaction score
While we were waiting for a postcard to come to our location, the phone number that we had in GMB was updated. We now see a "scroll to bottom to confirm" message with our desired phone number crossed out in orange.

We now have the verification code and want to verify the listing, but are not sure if we should update the phone number that was crossed out by Google BEFORE verifying or update the phone number AFTER. The concern here being that doing it before could result in us need to send the postcard again, possibly leading to this issue being repeated in the future.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thank you.

haileym

Reaction score
Thank you all very much! I appreciate your time and your answers :) I will verify first and then make the necessary update. Thank you!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoyHawkins Google Posts Moving to the Bottom of the Knowledge Panel? Local Search 4
Colan Nielsen GMB Testing "View previous posts on Google" Link in Bottom of Knowledge Panel Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Not showing up in Google Map results - not even at the bottom Help & Support for Google Local 4
Yosu Cadilla Has Google My Business been good or bad for your Local SEO practice bottom line? Consultant's Corner 15
Digitaldar Ads in top 4 plus bottom of page? Local Search 4
S 3 Pack at bottom of page BELOW organic listings??? Local Search 1
S Help! I have fallen out of 3 pack to the bottom of Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Colan Nielsen Pack At The Bottom? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet OLD Avanced Google+ Local Training (See update at bottom) Google My Business & Google Maps 25
S Not Receiving confirmation email - Google Outage Contact Us Messages 1
S Not Receiving confirmation email Contact Us Messages 0
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
Ben Walsh Confirm this is spammy please Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
Nicolae Juravschi Bulk confirmation for ATMs Multi-Location Issues 2
M Confirmation Contact Us Messages 1
J Would you confirm if this is map spam? Recycle Bin 0
lancemoore22 Would you confirm if this is map spam? Recycle Bin 9
V Is There A Way To Avoid Google Confirmation Text/Calls? Local Search 5
O Needing some help identifying this pbn before I report to Google need confirmation fr Spam on Google 13
Priya Chandra Email - A new way to verify listings on Google My Business - Confirmed Google My Business & Google Maps 6
CodyBaird 63% Confirm Local Search Delivers Better ROI Than Other Online Channels Local Search 3
A Have you got 5 minutes to confirm something for me please? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet LATEST: Confirmed Google Update: Pigeon Makes a Christmas Flight Overseas Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Linda Buquet Google Update: Local Carousel is Going Away, New Display - Confirmed by Google Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google Confirms Penguin Update Hit Friday 10/17/14 - 1st Update In Over A Year Organic SEO 10
travelincat Problem confirming email address on Yelp Local Search 0
T Confirming a Google Local Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W Will adding new categories trigger mail confirmation? Local Search 3
Optimize Prime Google allowing Management of Places Listings. Can anyone else confirm? Google My Business & Google Maps 12