More threads by AcmeMike

AcmeMike

Reaction score
Before I irritate anyone - I'm sorry if this is a poor question - I did search this forum for my answer :geek:

For a service area business: In lieu of city pages on the main website, would there be any benefit to creating city-specific google sites that link back to the main website?

The only reason why I am thinking about this is of course is the high domain authority.

I know shortcuts are generally bad, but I had to ask.

Any feedback appreciated!

This is definitely something you can try!

Just because the Google site is a service they offer for Google My Business, doesn't mean that it necessarily it has a high DA. Besides that DA isn't something an SEO should live and die by.

We tend to air on the side of trying it out, but we really think that having dedicated pages on the main site is the way to go. In this way, you can focus your efforts.

I'd be glad to hear other opinions, just stating my typical practice!

This is definitely something you can try!

Just because the Google site is a service they offer for Google My Business, doesn't mean that it necessarily it has a high DA. Besides that DA isn't something an SEO should live and die by.

We tend to air on the side of trying it out, but we really think that having dedicated pages on the main site is the way to go. In this way, you can focus your efforts.

I'd be glad to hear other opinions, just stating my typical practice!
Thank you for the input. To be clear, we do have a handful of city pages on our main site. We may try creating a few google sites pages for some "secondary" cities and see how they perform.

Still getting the map pack for "Top Sastreria Madrid," but I'm seeing the KP when I search for "Top tailor New York."

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom