Hi all. I am just getting started in local SEO. What is the best way to create title tags? Should the location be in the title tag? If s where should it be? Also should I add it if there is no search volume for key words with the location?
Great tips. Thanks.Hey Darrell,
I'll pull in a few of the tips I have in my training on this:
- Keep the name of the city and the main keyword close together and close to the beginning of the title tag.
- Use a word or two that will make people see why you’re different. For example, this car dealer’s advantage is how many cars they have in stock.
- Look at your reviews and your competitor’s reviews to see what words or things customers actually care about. This will help you craft a good title tag. For example, if you’re a dentist, reviews might mention things like:
- Getting an appointment the same day;
- Clean & comfortable office;
- Helps manage pain.
- Look at PPC ads. Any ad that maintains a high position generally has to have a good click-through-rate. SEM professionals a great deal of time analyzing and testing these so you can steal lots of great ideas from them.