Ryanl

Reaction score
We do marketing for our own home service company along with others.

few things we’ve noticed recently we thought was worthy of sharing.
  • spruce is dominating in search and the content is really good. It’s a blogging/content site but I haven’t don’t enough research to figure out how they make money outside of ads.
  • sites like Homeadvisor jumped back into the top spot on a lot of local searches. They had fallen and about 4-6 months ago they and other big brands got a big jump.
  • I’m questioning this but domains names with keywords are getting a huge boost. I know I know but this is what we’re seeing.
  • GMB went on a streak helping us remove about 25 local spam accounts directly for garage door searches. However, that’s stopped and we still have many more. Seems as though if the spam account creates one post and some pics with 1 or more reviews they will not remove them. I’ve submitted on maps and used the form with a video and photos. As i mentioned previously one is a Brusters ice cream. Super obvious right? Well I guess not for google.
We’re about to roll out a new website with a table of contents in the side bar. Pretty excited about watching the results and how it’s treated. It’s pretty slick though. All tagged to the H tags and auto scrolls to the section you want when you click on it.

Any feedback, thoughts, additions appreciated.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
KristiSimone Cookies pop-up on website is trending. Should we add? Websites, Software, and Security 5
H Plumber Near Me - Google trends interesting Local Search 1
Yan Gilbert Google Trends vs Autocomplete Local Search 1
djbaxter Trending Admin Stuff 0
Roald "Trending this week" icon Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
Linda Buquet Trending in Local Search: Latest Forum Posts & Tweets Local Search 2
HurricaneK8 SEO Trends 2016 Organic SEO 8
Dustybones Study On Click-through Rate and Average Ranking Trends Local Search 2
Dustybones Digging Into Mary Meeker's 2015 Internet Trends Report Local Search 0
Dustybones 25 years of SEO Trends Organic SEO 0
Andy 12 Social Media Marketing Trends for Small Business Mobile & Social 0
Dustybones 4 trends for location based services in 2015 Local Search 0
Linda Buquet How to Use Google Trends for Local Keyword Research Local Search 0
Dustybones Google Trends Now allows you to subscribe to any search topic Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Fine Tune Local Keyword Research with Google Trends Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Trends Shaping Local Search in 2013 - Free Webinar by comScore, Localeze, 15Miles Local Search 1
djbaxter Trends Affecting The Local, Social & Mobile Industry Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 5 Very Important Local and SoMo Trends Mobile & Social 1
Linda Buquet Latest Trends in SEO - Time and Money-wasting Practices Local Search 0
JoyHawkins Easily See Winners and Losers After an Algorithm Update Google Algorithm Discussions 3
rickvidallon Delay in Seeing New Reviews Postings Dec 2020 Local Reviews 2
Caroline S Maps Results Moving Down The Page? Anyone Else Seeing This ? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Matthew Summers Anyone else see a big change in "blue links" rankings starting around 5.26.20? Google Algorithm Discussions 0
Lachlan_Wells Thoughts on 'See what's in store' Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Ben Walsh Anyone else seeing a bunch of pending review statuses in GMB? Local Search 6
Ellen See More Hours - Clicking on this doesn't open panel in SERP Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J New Manager Added but can't see Listings NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Chaddow GMB restaurants recent change is anyone else seeing this role out Google My Business & Google Maps 4
sixthcitysarah Anyone seeing changes to URLS, categories, or descriptions reverting out of nowhere? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Rich Owings Are you seeing declining organic traffic for lodging sites? Local Search 7
S Anyone else seeing huge traffic spikes? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M How do you see the results of backlinks? Organic SEO 31
Jen Currier Is anyone else seeing a delay in the publication of responses for Google Reviews? Help & Support for Google Local 0
JoyHawkins June 2019 Core Update - What Are You Seeing? Google Algorithm Discussions 10
djbaxter Please see these two posts Mod Squad 3
djbaxter Seeing more contact form spam? Contact Form 7 now requires reCaptcha 3 Websites, Software, and Security 0
nathangdavidson 'See outside' photo not representative of clients actual location Google My Business & Google Maps 17
Cordell Crowley Unable to See Business's Star Rating/Number of Reviews at First Glance? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Did everyone see the new Google Home with the Screen? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
Dan Foland Starting to see Google Search Console snippet in search results. Anyone else? Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
F Why am I seeing more and more no website businesses rank in 3 pack Local Search 12
Chaddow Anyone else seeing this error ? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
B How far away does a user have to be in order to see AdWords location extensions? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
Scott Rawlins eGumball Experience? Sorry Scott removed. See inside. Recycle Bin 3
J Added a business to maps.... cant see it Google Local 101 3
Eric Rohrback This... This is where i'd like to see more of our industry go Consultant's Corner 1
Chaddow Removing a Google Virtual Tour /See Inside from a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Jim Froling 2/2017...Now You See Them...3/1/17: Now You Don't. 6/1/17...We're Back! Local Search 2
Conor Treacy Facebook Reviews - How To See Them Mobile & Social 4
H Tool to Search for a List Specific Address Locations to See if They are Listed in Map Local SEO Tools & Software 4