Jo Shaer

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I had a call today from web.com - previously Scoot and Touch Local who now also manage listings on The Independent, The Sun and the Daily Mirror.

Apparently we now have to pay to get our URL listed on all of these sites.

Is it worth the £99 set up fee and £24.99/month retainer? They will create listings for you (and do all the verifications) on hundreds of other sites - including Facebook, GMB, Bing - and allow you to manage these from a central dashboard. However, if you stop paying, they will remove access to the dashboard and remove all the URLs on the listings they have created for you.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone else used this service - is it any good?
2. Isn't it against Google's TOS to pay for backlinks to your website?
3. Has anyone used this service for the set up and then cancelled? Do you retain access to the individual listings? I am told that you do - so you could go back into each one and change the pw so they can't remove the URL. Not sure that saves you any time/money to getting the job done by Bright Local.
4. At the end of the day, is it worth £24.99/month to have links from Scoot, Touch Local, The Independent, The Sun and the Daily Mirror?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
A GasBuddy Local Listing Management Citations 1
RobertCarnitas Help Needed: Export/Copy List of Facebook Pages Managed Mobile & Social 4
K Gaining Access to Listing as a Site Manager Local Search 7
D Manage listings directly from Search results? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Mmclean07 What’s the best tool for managing a client listings? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Rasmus Himmelstrup Removal of "Manage This Listing" - not possible? Multi-Location Issues 3
K Request to Manage GMB Listing as Site Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J New Manager Added but can't see Listings NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
JoshuaMackens "Manage This Listing (?)" On GMB Local Search 2
Colan Nielsen [GMB Bug Alert] Listings Not in GMB After Accepting Manager Invite Local Search 5
E Noticing lots of real estate listings worldwide now displayed with "manage this listing" rather then "claim this business" Local Search 0
hajnasiewicz Suggest an edit · Manage this listing Help & Support for Google Local 4
freerunr Verbiage on Unclaimed GMB pages: "Own this business?" (KP) / "Claim this business" (Maps) vs. "Manage this listing" Google My Business & Google Maps 23
A i would like to speak to you regarding google my business listings and future seo management for my company Contact Us Messages 3
H Task management for teams or to do list? Consultant's Corner 17
Jo Shaer Can a communications manager add Google posts to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Oliver Keates Managing Multiple GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Doctor / Practice Listing Management Q Citations 6
D Lapse in listing management service = complete ranking loss forever? Local Search 13
JoyHawkins View Emails of Other Managers on a GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Dustybones Managing Bulk uploads and issues with dual claimed individually claimed listings Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Listing Management for 100+ Locations Multi-Location Issues 17
Adamk Listing Management for 100+ Locations Multi-Location Issues 17
Optimize Prime Google allowing Management of Places Listings. Can anyone else confirm? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Linda Buquet Just Launched: Yahoo! Localworks - Local Listing Management Local Search 2
Linda Buquet New Link to Claim or Manage Google+ Local Listing from Search Results Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Insight Into Local Search Listing Management - IAB White Paper Local Search 0
Andrew Sawyer New Google+ Local Listing Management App for iPhone Google My Business & Google Maps 9
C Taking over and managing listings Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management Google My Business & Google Maps 101
L Google to make Duplicate Listing Management Easier per Joel Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Linda Buquet Google to make Duplicate Listing Management Easier per Joel Google Duplicates & Merges 1
M How to manage listing Help & Support for Google Local 3
D Change of management - setup new Places listing? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 0
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 7
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8
R Car Dealerships Multi Listings by department Multi-Location Issues 4
coachmarino Advice for Suspended Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4