More threads by Lachlan_Wells

Lachlan_Wells

Reaction score
Hi all, could anyone please tell me what happens when a GBP with a UTM-tracked website link is used as a location extension in Google Ads?

If the UTM parameter marks the click as organic, does this mean that paid clicks could be misattributed as organic in Analytics/GA4?

Also, will these paid clicks appear in Search Console?

So I wasn't sure myself, so I dug into it more and found this thread from 2020 where Tiggerito explains that the GBP UTM does in fact get passed through as the paid landing page URL and could affect how paid traffic is attributed in GA. He has a trick with JS that seems to solve the issue.

Maybe someone on here can confirm if Google has solved this issue, and if the gclid parameters they use on PPC landing pages now override manually set UTMs?

As for Search Console data, I would assume that this paid traffic does not get reported as I don't think GSC uses UTMs to attribute traffic but I'm not 100% sure.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom