More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Guys, I would like to get into the nitty gritty of this topic as I am getting conflicting info on the net with different opinions from different people so what I am seeking are "facts". I understand about "trade secrets" so I don't expect anyone to share their deep secrets here but any advice/opinion on this would be a big help.

So I am being told anything you find on Fiverr is going to be a waste of time and typically paying anywhere from $150-400 for a single link is what is required.

I am thinking paying for links from sites like Quora, Reddit, Huffington Post, BrightLocal and Whitespark would be the way to go but my main question is first, what exactly determines a link to be a "powerful" link please? I was told that linking from a high DA site does not necessarily mean it's a powerful link so what gives?

Solution
This is going to be one of those "it depends" situations for SEO. For one, there is a lot of misinformation and unknown when building links. Second, it depends upon what you are building the links for.

Many of the best links I have built have been free, so paying for links doesn't have to be the only way to go. In my opinion, the best, most powerful links you can build are ones which are relevant to your niche, bring traffic to your/your client's website, and convert the traffic into sales/leads/purchases.

A link from a large news publication will be beneficial for your overall backlink profile, but will it drive the needed traffic to your website which will convert? A link from a small business in your community will be relevant to...
Eric Ward (Link Moses) often said: "Links that would exist, even if Google and Bing did not, are almost always the ones that provide the most value. That's both in traffic and in rankings."

Guys, I would like to get into the nitty gritty of this topic as I am getting conflicting info on the net with different opinions from different people so what I am seeking are "facts". I understand about "trade secrets" so I don't expect anyone to share their deep secrets here but any advice/opinion on this would be a big help.

So I am being told anything you find on Fiverr is going to be a waste of time and typically paying anywhere from $150-400 for a single link is what is required.

I am thinking paying for links from sites like Quora, Reddit, Huffington Post, BrightLocal and Whitespark would be the way to go but my main question is first, what exactly determines a link to be a "powerful" link please? I was told that linking from a high DA site does not necessarily mean it's a powerful link so what gives?

Fiverr links don't do anything at all. They are all low-quality links and Google will discount them. Quora, Reddit, and Huffington Post are all no-follow links and Google discounts them. You are not going to be able to get links from BrightLocal or Whitespark. They don't accept paid guest posts, you would have to write something of high value and credible, but they won't link to a client.

Powerful backlinks can be differentiated into two main categories.

• A backlink from an Authority Website, like a link from the NY Post, or CNET, etc.
  • A link from the relevant website. Links from relevant sites can be more powerful and helpful than links from sites like the above which are authoritative websites.
Apart from that Do-Follow links are more powerful than No-Follow links.

Also, I think those "footer links" to the web dev company are devalued by Google with their page segmentation. In-content links are the real links that pass value.

My agency has recently been doing a ton of web work, we have over 19k "Website by ...." footer links.

Im curious if that is providing any value ... maybe a little bit just due to the volume alone + the fact that the sites they are on are highly relevant to what we do.

My agency has recently been doing a ton of web work, we have over 19k "Website by ...." footer links.

Im curious if that is providing any value ... maybe a little bit just due to the volume alone + the fact that the sites they are on are highly relevant to what we do.

Can you please share the name of your agency

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom