Reaction score
Search console does not report a link back to my site that is coming from https://truvista.yellowpages.com/westland-mi/senior-citizens-apartments?page=6 .... yet I have discovered this from a third party free backlink tool.

I go to the site and it has a security warning. Seems it's a complete duplicate of YP.com but maintains an insecure URL and holds 7 flags on MOZ spam ranking.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this website... why is the spam score so high, why is it not secure, and if its a fraudulent site, why does YP not do something about it?

Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Jeremy

Looking further at the site, it looks to me to be sloppy SSL certificate implementation.

The domain points to a certificate registered to yp.com and that's why your browser is flagging this site with you. Browsers should check the calling domain and the certificate being referenced and let you know when there's a disconnect.

This server could not prove that it is truvista.yellowpages.com; its security certificate is from www.yp.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

You could always report this to YP. After all, it's "harming" their online asset.

Reaction score
Hi Jeremy

Looking further at the site, it looks to me to be sloppy SSL certificate implementation.

The domain points to a certificate registered to yp.com and that's why your browser is flagging this site with you. Browsers should check the calling domain and the certificate being referenced and let you know when there's a disconnect.

This server could not prove that it is truvista.yellowpages.com; its security certificate is from www.yp.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

You could always report this to YP. After all, it's "harming" their online asset.

Yes Margaret your right. I checked the IP also and fond it registered to Yellow Pages LLC.

I believe the prior to be the SSL problem, a miss configuration. So no real threat besides the the 7 spam MOZ Flags on truvista.yellowpages.com and the 9 flags on https://volcano.yellowpages.com/.

I don't understand why they would have the same listings on subdomains pointing out to business sites. While all the links are no followed it still doesn't look good for an seo since.

I did a disavow on the subdomains. From what I read that should not effect the primary YP.com from sending signals my way still.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Matt Chauhan How to deal with a business merger? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M What's the deal with ADA Website Compliance? Websites, Software, and Security 82
F How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Recycle Bin 0
raellovepie Review not intended for our company. How to deal with it? Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 32
jvaquino How do you deal with Local.com? Citations 13
JoshuaMackens New Way To Deal With Dupes? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
JoyHawkins How Do You Deal With Competitors That Get Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 7
djbaxter Google: Duplicate meta descriptions no big deal Organic SEO 0
S Dealing with third party order links for restaurants Google My Business & Google Maps 3
SEOExpertBrad Could use some advice dealing with a Local GMB spammer.... Local Search 2
Yosu Cadilla How do you deal with crappy photos on listings for remote clients? Consultant's Corner 3
B Dentist w/ 6 Possible Locations - How to Deal with Citations? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Dealing with "Unofficial" Facebook Business Pages Mobile & Social 12
Yan Gilbert Dealing with New Clients - Accessing Information Question Consultant's Corner 1
L Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
H Dealing with a Difficult Client Consultant's Corner 6
Dustybones Got A bad Review? Here Are Some Tips on How to Deal With It Local Reviews 3
M Is it even worth the hassle dealing with a locksmith? Local Search 7
K "Hate us on Yelp" campaign to deal with negative reviews Local Search 11
W Dealing with SERPS guarantees? Consultant's Corner 8
D Dealing With Yellow Pages Adwords Ads Targeting Your Brand Name Marketing 0
Linda Buquet Named & Shamed on Yelp + How Google Maps are Made + Dealing with Fake Reviews Local Search 0
Dustybones MATT CUTTS: Discusses 404 and 410 errors and how Google deals with them. Local Search 0
JoyHawkins Haters and Critics: How to Deal with People Judging You and Your Work Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Linda Buquet How Bad Do YP Ad Deals Suck for Local SEO? Local Search 8
Cam My Google+ Business Page Reviews keep dissapearing. How do I deal with this? Local Reviews 6
Colan Nielsen Bing Places Duplicates - How To Deal With Them Local Search 0
M Dealing with listings created by third parties (E.g. Yellow Pages) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Triple listing mayhem, how to deal with this? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Adam Triple listing mayhem, how to deal with this? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Mike Wilton The Real Deal With Yelp Reviews and the Filter Mobile & Social 10
Colan Nielsen How to Deal with SPAM Mod Squad 1
L Moving Locations and Dealing with Local Search Moving or Name Changes 0
Linda Buquet Moving Locations and Dealing with Local Search Moving or Name Changes 0
Trevor Tynes Dentist on Yellowpages Citations 2
Cordell Crowley Removing an old business from Yellowpages? Citations 3
J Google indexing yellowpages Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C What is the best way to amend Yellowpages and Yelp page NAP data? Citations 5
HurricaneK8 GMB Spam Created by BOT via. Yellowpages Spam on Google 2
HurricaneK8 "Distributed by Yellowpages" -- Google & Yellowpages Partnership Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Chris McCreery Canadian YellowPages 360 Solutions thoughts? Consultant's Corner 2
D Yahoo Local Claimed by ATT/Yellowpages? Local Search 7