More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I have access to my clients' Google Business Profiles so once a week I work with my clients to respond to any Google reviews they receive. I noticed that none of the replies I have left over the past couple of months have saved. Then today I replied to 6 Google reviews for one client and none of them saved. I could see my replies but then when I refreshed the page, the replies were gone. I tried multiple times to reply to the reviews and the same thing happened. I could see all of my replies but as soon as I refreshed the page, the replies were gone.

I tried logging out of my own Google account and logging in using my client's Google account and tried to reply to the reviews that way. The same thing happened. The replies would be there but as soon as I refreshed the page, the replies were gone. I tried once again multiple times to leave replies and none of them saved.

I also logged out of Google completely and then pulled up the listing to see if the replies to the reviews were there and they were not.

Bottom line, none of the replies I have left over the past couple months are there, and I can't leave replies anymore either. This is happening across all of my clients' Google listings. Is this a current bug, or what?

Thanks,

Travis

Solution
I found a work around. I have to leave one reply and then close down the pop up window of the reviews. Then I can click back on the reviews and reply to one more. Then I have to close the window, etc. But I can only leave 3-3 reviews before the reviews link stops working. Then I have to just let the account sit for a while and then I can come back and do 2-3 more. Typical Google.

Travis
I have access to my clients' Google Business Profiles so once a week I work with my clients to respond to any Google reviews they receive. I noticed that none of the replies I have left over the past couple of months have saved. Then today I replied to 6 Google reviews for one client and none of them saved. I could see my replies but then when I refreshed the page, the replies were gone. I tried multiple times to reply to the reviews and the same thing happened. I could see all of my replies but as soon as I refreshed the page, the replies were gone.

I tried logging out of my own Google account and logging in using my client's Google account and tried to reply to the reviews that way. The same thing happened. The replies would be there but as soon as I refreshed the page, the replies were gone. I tried once again multiple times to leave replies and none of them saved.

I also logged out of Google completely and then pulled up the listing to see if the replies to the reviews were there and they were not.

Bottom line, none of the replies I have left over the past couple months are there, and I can't leave replies anymore either. This is happening across all of my clients' Google listings. Is this a current bug, or what?

Thanks,

Travis

Can you supply a screen shot of a few of the replies.

I found a work around. I have to leave one reply and then close down the pop up window of the reviews. Then I can click back on the reviews and reply to one more. Then I have to close the window, etc. But I can only leave 3-3 reviews before the reviews link stops working. Then I have to just let the account sit for a while and then I can come back and do 2-3 more. Typical Google.

Travis

Solution
Your replies are being flagged as spam. It is apparently based on your email address.

Are you using an agency account to manage client listings or your own account?

Your replies are being flagged as spam. It is apparently based on your email address.

Are you using an agency account to manage client listings or your own account?

I'm using the client's account directly, but the issue occurs whether I'm logged in using their account or using my own account (as a manager of their listing through my own account).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom