More threads by Contractor

Contractor

Reaction score
I remember when Google would not give a business a 5.0 rating even if it had all 5 star ratings left for it. But then they changed and started showing 5.0 and still do.

I am curious, let's say a business has (50) 5 star ratings and (1) 1 star rating, leaving them with a 4.9. Is there ever a time when google will round up to 5.0 if the business only has 1 bad review? Like at 200, or 500, or 1,000 5 star ratings?

Fascinating. I'm seeing this as well on ones that are home services (Google Guaranteed) but not any of the Google Screened ones. I doubt it's intended.
Here is a shot of one of mine:

1609352121637.png

The short answer is that a "Business Verification" option showed up at the top of the main menu due to me needing to update my certificate of insurance for 2021. Inside of the Business Verification section, which I have never seen before, is a bunch of other things that were required to use LSA, including linking my My Business account and having at least 1 review.

I sent you a private message with screenshots going into more detail.

Yep. You can see how many reviews you need to get there by using this tool: Yelp Improvement Calculator - Go Fish Digital
Thank you for that link, Joy. So that works the same with Google as it does for Yelp?

I'm curious about this, I can;'t figure out what it means:

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 3.47.47 PM.png

I entered 5 stars on the previous screen as my desired star rating. So why is it telling me that I need 12 four star and 3 one star reviews? Wouldn't that get me further from 5.0?

It is calculating how to get to 4.75 which in Yelp probably is equal to 5 star rating but not in Google. For Google in your case you need 29 more 5 star reviews ( total of 79 ) to get to 4.95

I just thought someone might be interested in this. When I was looking at the verification for my Google LSA account, I saw this listed under the required review section:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.17.07 PM.png

I've never seen Google break the star rating down so far anywhere else.

Ok, so the Business Verification tab is new and showing up for everyone... I thought it only showed for me because I needed to update my COI.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom