More threads by fredhutterson

fredhutterson

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix the disapproved Google Ads location extension due to capitalization? I tried many ways to update the listing pulled out by the Google Ads location extension. I already updated our Google business name to the proper case. Unlinked the Google Ads from GBP and then relinked it again. I changed the GBP name by removing one word from the business name. Still, it is pulling out the old capitalized business name when I try to import it via the Shared library > Locations group. Same with importing it via the Google ads Asset > Location extension. The business name won't show up.

I have contacted GBP support and Google Ads support but they only gave me general information totally unrelated to the issue I am facing.
  • Check your verification status
  • Fix suspended Business Profiles
  • Make, manage, or request ownership of a profile
  • Edit or delete your profile
  • Manage reviews on your profile
These have nothing to do with my issue.

Is anyone having a similar issue and how did you solve it?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi Fred,

Looks to me like you did everything needed, the disconnect & reconnect the GBP was my first thought - and you did that, along with contacting support. And you tried both methods of connecting.

I'd keep pushing on support until I get someone worthwhile. Use email and get a case ID.
Hi Fred,

Looks to me like you did everything needed, the disconnect & reconnect the GBP was my first thought - and you did that, along with contacting support. And you tried both methods of connecting.

I'd keep pushing on support until I get someone worthwhile. Use email and get a case ID.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom