More threads by Sar

Sar

Reaction score
Hello : )

Does anyone know why only certain stores can be seen in Google's filter options? I'll add an example screenshot.

Is Google favouring large brands in their filters?

Screenshot_20240503_135543_Chrome.jpg

I think Google is displaying brands that have a lot of topical authority related to the search - which tend to be larger brands depending on the search/category.

Reactions: Sar
I think Google is displaying brands that have a lot of topical authority related to the search - which tend to be larger brands depending on the search/category.

Thank you, @ElizabethRule, it's interesting that the first page search results are unlike what's shown in the shop filters. On the first page there's a good mix of small and big businesses but only large shops are shown in filters. Also with some terms, the filter options won't show at all. Which seems odd. I'd love to learn more about what influences those filters if anyone has any more info : )

I 100% recommend checking out all the work Jason Bernard has done around Google's knowledge graph. I don't think it's a sure way to influence what is shown in the filters, BUT it's a great way to learn how Google understands businesses as entities, which is one thing they probably pull from when serving brands in filters

How to Get Your Brand in Google's Knowledge Graph Without Wikipedia

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom