More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
I've run into issues with separate businesses on Apple Maps and hoping to figure out how to resolve the duplicate issue when they have different addresses (businesses moved). They are similar scenarios:

Business 1: The Business did not have their Apple Maps listing claimed and are in the process of moving. Here's what I did:
  • I clicked to "Claim This Place" and confirmed the "auid=" number matched. During the claiming process, I think I messed up by letting Apple know the new address at this point.
  • I verified the business.
  • Now I have access to the listing at the new address, BUT it is a different "auid=" number AND the old listing is still there. Instead of Claiming the old and updating it, Apple simply created a new listing and left the old listing there. I waited several days and it still hasn't cleared. I was hoping time would resolve it, but no such luck.
  • I've reached out to support, but haven't heard back.
  • Anyone know how I get the duplicate at the old address removed?
Business 2: I'm working on another business's Apple Maps Listing, which moved about a year ago. I'm concerned about creating a duplicate (possibly triplicate) like the above when attempting to claim them.
  • There are 2 Listings on Apple Maps and neither are claimed at this point.
  • There is one at the OLD location and one at the NEW location.
  • The business has customers using Duck Duck Go and it is showing the Apple Maps listing with the old address.
  • I'm claiming the correct one (new location) Wednesday.
  • I want to claim the correct one and somehow remove the one at the old location. Either merge or delete.
  • I'm concerned when I claim the listing it will create yet another duplicate (triplicate) like it did with Business 1 above.
Any ideas on how to get rid of these Apple Maps Duplicates?

Thank you!

Hey There,

Dealing with this as well and I found the best way to have a duplicate removed is directly go to Apple Business Connect Support and have them close the outdated business.

I have had a similar situation happen a few times and only once did the old/outdated listing get naturally removed from Apple, however it did take over 4 weeks for it to be removed naturally.

For the other ones I reached out to support with the listing that needed to be removed and shared proof of the accurate listing (Website, GBP and a Yelp Profile) and they were able to remove the duplicated inaccurate listings for me. The quickest it happened was 1 week and the longest it took was 3 weeks.

I hope this helps!

Sorry to followup I have asked them to merge a listing once and they wouldn't (not sure if they have that capability) they only removed the outdated listing.

For business #2 I'd go ahead with your plan and then just reach out to support and have them any duplicates/triplecates.

Thank you @celina I have an update that I've been trying to add here all day. I wrote it all down and maybe this will help someone in the future. I did this for my Business 1 above and am in the process of doing it for Business 2. I may have added a few unnecessary steps, but so far it's worked.

Removing Duplicates from Apple Maps:
  1. Find your duplicate Apple Maps listings and note links to ALL of them. They appear to use a unique "auid" number that is in the long URL. It can be shortened to look like this:
  2. Claim the one with the incorrect address using: Apple Business Connect{unique auid number here}
  3. Verify this business. Usually the only ways to do it are via phone call (you can add an extension, but we had to turn the system off to get the call to go through) or uploading business documentation, which can take up to 5 days. Phone call is instant, so do it if you can.
  4. I updated and corrected the address in the profile at this point.
  5. Both times I did this, it changed the auid number I had claimed and verified. A bit crazy.
  6. Check the map and find the auid links and not which one has the incorrect address. Login to your Apple account: Apple Business Connect
  7. Make sure you are in the business you are working on if there are multiple businesses in it.
  8. Click on your initials in the bottom left, click on Support, Click Contact Us.
  9. Let them know the business has moved and provide a link to the profile with the old address and ask them to delete it.

It takes a few days, but so far, it has worked. When I tried suggesting an edit and I wasn't logged in to the business dashboard, nothing ever happened.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom