More threads by rutkap

rutkap

Reaction score
This is a bit of a wild one. Someone has taken over this customer's business listing. It does not ask if you are the owner of your business in the listing and if you go into the dashboard it does not offer this listing as a business that is available.

This is a new person we just started working with and he contacted us because this listing now goes to a competitor through a redirect through a third site.

plumber-pittsburgh-pa.com is the redirect that shows up on the page.

Plumber Near Me | Local Plumbing & Drain Services is where it ultimately goes to. Never heard of them. I asked and he has no idea who that is.

1657806942039.jpg

any idea s to what happened? Has anyone else ran into Mr. Pipes before? I also filled out a help desk request on this - I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks for any and all feedback and ideas as to what caused this.

Nix Plumbing.jpg

Sounds like the listing was hijacked. This is unfortunately stuff that happens in spammy industries. If you contact GBP support they should be able to get it rectified and it should get a pretty high priority too.

Sounds like the listing was hijacked. This is unfortunately stuff that happens in spammy industries. If you contact GBP support they should be able to get it rectified and it should get a pretty high priority too.

Anything else I can do other than support email?

If you try later in the day sometimes you'll get chat as an option. It depends on what buttons you click as well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom