More threads by Kasey R.

Kasey R.

Reaction score
I have multiple locations I can't get verified via video because we are unable to show the street sign. It's too far from inside the location and requires walking to it. We tried to include the walk and show the signage but then the video was too long. We've tried to upload without the street sign and verification won't go through. Every time I try to reach out to Google Support, no matter what I choose as the reason for contacting them I'm just given a page about how to verify. I have also tried to reach out to Support with "Other" as the issue. But I get an email saying they are not sure of the exact issue and it states that you cannot reply to this email. It seems there is no way to complete the video verification and also no way actually to get in contact with support to move forward. What am I supposed to do here?

That sounds frustrating b/c you're doing so many things correctly! I would scour this thorough video & request the checklist from Darren to ensure you cannot improve upon some other technicality or possibly get your video to compress to a smaller size. If that doesn't yield anything new, could you scooter/bike/drive from street signs to the location? Or could you take wide pictures or capture a Street View that shows the sign and a place adjacent to the location, and then show the adjacent spot + a print of the picture/Street View? Just spitballing without having special access to The Goog.

I have multiple locations I can't get verified via video because we are unable to show the street sign. It's too far from inside the location and requires walking to it. We tried to include the walk and show the signage but then the video was too long. We've tried to upload without the street sign and verification won't go through. Every time I try to reach out to Google Support, no matter what I choose as the reason for contacting them I'm just given a page about how to verify. I have also tried to reach out to Support with "Other" as the issue. But I get an email saying they are not sure of the exact issue and it states that you cannot reply to this email. It seems there is no way to complete the video verification and also no way actually to get in contact with support to move forward. What am I supposed to do here?

How many locations do you have?

I am having the same exact problem. My client's mailbox is a mile away from their warehouse and by the time they have recorded everything they can not upload it because the video is too long. I've tried reaching out to support just like Kacey, but they just go in circles on how to fix it.

I am having the same exact problem. My client's mailbox is a mile away from their warehouse and by the time they have recorded everything they can not upload it because the video is too long. I've tried reaching out to support just like Kacey, but they just go in circles on how to fix it.

This is so frustrating! I still can't get a response from Google. No matter what I choose as my issue, I get an automated response with no option to speak to an actual person.

This is so frustrating! I still can't get a response from Google. No matter what I choose as my issue, I get an automated response with no option to speak to an actual person.

If you havent yet, reach out to a PE to help escalate your case to gbp support.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom