More threads by brandmastert

brandmastert

Reaction score
I have 1 SAB that serves 4 states. Each state has its own office (not for customers) that we originally listed an address on their own GMB panel. Each location will go to the same website AND they have separate phone numbers.

I'm removing the addresses so that they can show service areas better on the map. What do I do with the other 3 listings? Will they be looked at as duplicate listings? I don't want to do anything that will get my listing suspended.

Solution
@brandmastert, this one is a bit complex, because there are several possible toe-poppers:

1. You may run into problems if the service areas overlap.

2. Recently I ran into an issue in which I emptied the address and set a service area, but the change didn't stick, so I re-attempted the change a couple of times. That prompted re-verification (via postcard).

3. Though the service-area settings won't help or hurt your rankings, keeping the address in there may help you rank for more-location-sensitive terms (like of the "____ near me" variety).

4. Based on what you describe of the other 3 offices - and how they're not customer-facing - it sounds as though those offices don't jibe with GMB policies.

Especially if they rank OK...
@brandmastert, this one is a bit complex, because there are several possible toe-poppers:

1. You may run into problems if the service areas overlap.

2. Recently I ran into an issue in which I emptied the address and set a service area, but the change didn't stick, so I re-attempted the change a couple of times. That prompted re-verification (via postcard).

3. Though the service-area settings won't help or hurt your rankings, keeping the address in there may help you rank for more-location-sensitive terms (like of the "____ near me" variety).

4. Based on what you describe of the other 3 offices - and how they're not customer-facing - it sounds as though those offices don't jibe with GMB policies.

Especially if they rank OK, I'd probably just leave them the way they are.

Solution
@brandmastert, the chances are slim to none that you'd go to the joint for separating the service areas like that, provided that you're not adding or removing addresses.

The service areas won't help your rankings one bit, though. It's just for optics.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom