Recent content by JS Girard

  1. JS Girard

    Edit suggestion warning emails can interfere with address changes

    No, It doesn't matter who has made the suggestion or clicked on the email link. What I mean is that when clicking on "the suggestion is correct", Google performs and saves an owner edit instead of treating it as a suggestion being accepted. In other words, as far as how Google actually enacts...
  2. JS Girard

    Checked 2,474 local business sites for AI search readiness, curious what you're seeing with clients

    llms.txt means literally nothing, as proven by every single test made about it. And No AI ingests schemas as anything else than base text, so I don't why either of those would be relevant in any shape or form to "AI readiness".
  3. JS Girard

    LSA shows Verified/Live, but zero impressions since August 29 — what could block serving?

    Isn't it Michael Snow that earlier this week reported that too few photos can block serving of LSAs? No wait, that was @BenFisher over on LinkedIn.
  4. JS Girard

    Edit suggestion warning emails can interfere with address changes

    Are you in the habit of using edit suggestion to dodge revalidation on address changes? Today I discovered that the GBP suggestion emails, when accepted, are treated like your own edits. You have to wait the grace period out and let them turn into true edit suggestions before you can accept...
  5. JS Girard

    Only A Suspended OWNER Account Will Get A GBP Suspended!?

    that's a user suspension. I've seen that before (though I can't recall whether was an owner or a manager. that was in like 2022 or 2023). When I say "deleted", though, I mean actually deleted e.g. because of inactivity or because the user decided to shut it down. We've had that happen (well, I...
  6. JS Girard

    Fixing a Canadian postal code without suspension: direct edit or suggestion?

    Personally I'm of the school of thought of "don't disturb it if it work", but the request to fix it usually comes from clients and SEO has very little power to say no to sales (don't ask why) for something like that. We always go through suggestions, and it usually works.
  7. JS Girard

    Website change is accepted, but not displayed?

    There is no name issue with this particular GBP, only with the website. I was just mentioning the name bug because it's a similar bug we've ran into before on many occasions. It appears that the website issue has fixed itself now, luckily.
  8. JS Girard

    Fixing a Canadian postal code without suspension: direct edit or suggestion?

    We did not try it. Our typical clientele has a very hands-off attitude and doesn't want to be involved in managing the GBP, so it's especially important (at least from management's point of view) to avoid revalidations as much as possible.
  9. JS Girard

    Only A Suspended OWNER Account Will Get A GBP Suspended!?

    I was asking because it's already known that closure of a user account will delete all GBPs connected to it regardless whether the account is an owner or manager. So "removal of an account", at least for some definition of removal, definitely affects GBPs where that account is merely a manager!
  10. JS Girard

    Website change is accepted, but not displayed?

    In my bug compendium, I've noted the not uncommon bug where a name change has been accepted in the dashboard, but is not displayed on Maps. Usually when we encounter this, the English name has changed while the French name, which is the one that matters, has been unaffected. We've recently ran...
  11. JS Girard

    Only A Suspended OWNER Account Will Get A GBP Suspended!?

    What *exactly* is the definition of "removed" here? Because if they meant "suspend", that's what they would say, wouldn't they? Or does that mean "remove" as in "delete entirely"?
  12. JS Girard

    Fixing a Canadian postal code without suspension: direct edit or suggestion?

    It's not entirely uncommon for a Canadian postal code to be the only part of the address that is incorrect on Google. Usually the first three characters (forward sortation area) are correct, but the last three are not not. Traditionally, we've fixed these with suggestions, with the presumption...
  13. JS Girard

    What i should be doing to optimise my gmb for geo and aeo

    The only LLM (and even then, I believe only in English areas, maybe not all of them either) that currently reads GBP data is ask maps and Gemini/Google AI mode. So There's not really any GEO/AEO that can even be done on a GBP.
  14. JS Girard

    Before and After Results Of Removing The "Located In" Feature On A GMB Profile.

    Good. Now if google could make it so that we don't have to get support's help for this kind of stuff in the first place, that would be great.
  15. JS Girard

    We reduced GBP Hours and organic rankings fell to page 2 or am I speculating

    Oh! That's my bad. I've never heard of a change on a GBP affecting the ranking on the linked page, only ever in the other direction. Organic isn't my specialty, but I'd assume the page is falling under a subtle threshold or another. Location pages (if this is one) can easily fall prey to...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER
Back
Top Bottom