More threads by LauraY

LauraY

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to SEO and have not gotten the whole guest blog posting down (lower on my priority). I just received an email asking if I'd be interested in a guest post for my website. Now we've just started adding articles and our DA is less than 30. Would you consider this request to be from another amateur or a valid opportunity? I'm mainly asking because they would need unique content and there are definitely higher authority sites to post to.

Hi @LauraY

If the email is out of the blue from someone you don't know, then scrutinise what they give you. Low quality content or content that does not relate to your industry / products / services are not good for you.

I'm sure you know what they're after is links to their site. Many outreach organisations do mass emails and don't really care who they target.

Guest Posting done right, can work well. It can also work for you IF the guest post is of value to your audience.

If you choose to proceed, double check their article content to be sure it's not elsewhere on the web. Check before posting, a few weeks after, and then a couple of months after JIC the article gets shopped around.

Hope that helps :)

These unsolicited offers for guest posting are, in my experience, not worth replying to. In the past, when they offered samples, I'd request those - never used even one of them. Sometimes, they offer to create a custom one for your site - in the past, I bit once or twice and they were equally horrible.

Now, I just send them automatically to Junk.

We get multiple emails on a daily basis offering us guest posted content. I barely look at the anymore and never accept.

Do you recognize who the person writing the article is? Is it content that you could write yourself? Is it even directly relevant to your site?

Sometimes guest posting is fine - Marie wrote a decent article about this a couple of year ago, it is worth checking out if you want some pointers Are you confused about guest posting? Here's what Google says you can safely do. - Marie Haynes Consulting

I'd say your time is better writing your own content, building a decent name for yourself etc.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom