More threads by Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Reaction score
Relocating a business location about 5 miles although it involves a change in the city name. There is a large quantity of GMB 5 star reviews to preserve along with continuity back to our Google Ads, etc. Please give me some advice on best practices. Thank you.

I think its as easy as changing the address on the Info tab within GMB. I changed my bussiness address (different city) a while ago and it didn't affect anything else. Reviews are still there.

@Equilibrium, what @koen12344 said. There's not much you need to do, other than also to update the address on your site ASAP and on your non-Google listings (citations), in that order. The reviews will stay put.

In AdWords, I'd just check the location extension to make sure it's still synced up with GMB. (You'll probably want to check it both in the "Extensions" area and in the Ad Preview Tool.)

Sorry @AdvoAd didn't realize it was a LocalU member thread when I shared it.

Here's a few items: make sure all the address is updated on the site, government business registries, and directories that you have access to. Get photos of your new location (if applicable) and get them on your website and GMB.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom