More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
I'm not really sure the best option/solution for this but pest control client has a branch and separate corporate office in same city. The branch GBP is verified and active. They would like to create a GBP for the corporate listing. The rationale is that having another GBP in the city provides more opportunity to rank/visibility in maps. But is this the right thing? The listings are not SAB because at times they do have customers come to their offices (obviously not for pest control, but they do see people at their location).

As long as they are sending technicians out from the corporate location as well, why wouldn't we want to have a GBP for that location as well?

Solution
Hi @valentinb13, I don't see anything wrong with your approach. Since the existing branch GBP is not an SAB (meaning no mileage restriction between GBP locations) and the corporate office can also be setup as a brick and mortar GBP since it has regular hours, sees customers and can take customer calls, I think there is strong opportunity to gain additional visibility.
Hi @valentinb13, I don't see anything wrong with your approach. Since the existing branch GBP is not an SAB (meaning no mileage restriction between GBP locations) and the corporate office can also be setup as a brick and mortar GBP since it has regular hours, sees customers and can take customer calls, I think there is strong opportunity to gain additional visibility.

Solution

thank you!

I agree with Jeff.

If you want to follow the guidelines for setting up hybrid businesses (serves customers at the business address and also directly visits or delivers to customers) to the letter, you might also consider assigning separate service areas to each location.

If you have different locations for your service business, with separate service areas and separate staff at each location, you’re allowed one profile for each location. The boundaries of your profile’s overall service area shouldn’t extend farther than about 2 hours of driving time from where your business is based.

If the different locations don't have clear geographical divisions in real life, then you might divide the entire service area in half & assign each location half the market. You can list up to 20 cities, counties, ZIP/postal codes, geographic coordinate, or a combination of those to define the service area.

I see your rationale, but do you really think you'll get that much by having two in the same city? The benefit would be that you'd push someone else out. That's good. But a very real problem is you may be collecting reviews on both GBPs. Would you rather have 5 on each or just one with 10?

And do you really want to try and rank 2?

I took on a client whose previous SEO built 7 GBPs using UPS offices and the like. I got him to rank in the city furthest south for all locations and beyond. I didn't need those duplicate GBPs because in other cities, he had 2 GBPs in the map pack. Yes, we knocked someone else out, but in one location his GBP had a singular 1-star review which stood out like a sore thumb and made him look bad, even though his other listing right next to it had 5 star reviews. A consumer looking at both of them probably got confused.

If the two were far enough apart, in a competitive vertical, I'd probably consider it, but if they are close, then I'd pass. Or I'd recommend you move your corporate office farther away.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom