More threads by creekmoremarketing

Solutions
Reaction score
Apple Maps has launched its new update and it seems the agency I work for has lost access to ALL businesses claimed through our different Apple Business accounts. Is anyone else facing this? Do you know if the businesses should slowly roll over? Do we need to reclaim all of our listings manually? Any information or advice is welcome!

Solution
One thing I want to let everyone know--if you applied for a Third Party Partner dashboard its basically useless. You can NOT verify listings in there. Basically, clients can give you access to edit/update. To me this is absolutely an issue. Most clients do NOT have Apple Maps verified. We actually do this on behalf of our clients.

The other thing that is a MASSIVE issue in this agency dahsboard, I can add ANY business I want to it and edit their information. We tested it with 2 local businesses' by us. I was able to add them both to this dashboard and edit their Apple Maps listings(we added business description we pulled from their GMB listings). They automatically updated on Apple Maps

Maybe its a bug but to me this is SUPER problematic.
Apple Maps has launched its new update and it seems the agency I work for has lost access to ALL businesses claimed through our different Apple Business accounts. Is anyone else facing this? Do you know if the businesses should slowly roll over? Do we need to reclaim all of our listings manually? Any information or advice is welcome!

I was just about to make a post about this. Same thing happened to us. I reached out to support and they told us to register as a Third Party Partner. When I did that, I couldnt access our Apple ID anymore and now I am locked out. When I tried to unlock it, I get a 403 error. I just sent ANOTHER email

Jumping in on this as it's happened to our account also. Got registered as a third party agency this morning and we now have access to the new Apple Business dashboard, but there are no listings in there so it's looking like we'll have to start fresh.. I did open a support ticket with Apple to ask them what the deal is and if this is intended, if the listings will appear eventually, etc. so we'll see.

Jumping in on this as it's happened to our account also. Got registered as a third party agency this morning and we now have access to the new Apple Business dashboard, but there are no listings in there so it's looking like we'll have to start fresh.. I did open a support ticket with Apple to ask them what the deal is and if this is intended, if the listings will appear eventually, etc. so we'll see.

I was literally just wondering this. They wouldnt take our Gmail email we had created A LONG time ago for these clients locations for Apple Maps. It has to come from our domain email Thats fine but what I wondered was will the listings merge over to the new Apple ID were creating. My hunch was no and I think you just answered my question. I also reached out to them if we are going to have to do these all over again

Any update on the resolution for this?
It's weird because the account still has a "Switch" company option, but it doesn't do anything/gets caught in a redirect loop back to the locations page.
@Cordell Crowley if you have a chance, please share the URL you used for the register as third party agency.

One thing I want to let everyone know--if you applied for a Third Party Partner dashboard its basically useless. You can NOT verify listings in there. Basically, clients can give you access to edit/update. To me this is absolutely an issue. Most clients do NOT have Apple Maps verified. We actually do this on behalf of our clients.

The other thing that is a MASSIVE issue in this agency dahsboard, I can add ANY business I want to it and edit their information. We tested it with 2 local businesses' by us. I was able to add them both to this dashboard and edit their Apple Maps listings(we added business description we pulled from their GMB listings). They automatically updated on Apple Maps

Maybe its a bug but to me this is SUPER problematic.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom