More threads by Lloyd Silver

Reaction score
We have pretty much all of the tools out there for citations - Local Citation Finder, Moz Local, Yext, Brightlocal, etc. The person in our office doing citation audits is getting a bit overwhelmed by the volume of information.

Does anybody have a good process for utilizing these tools for a citation audit (inconsistent NAP, duplicates, etc.)

Thanks

Thanks Darren. That's a very helpful slidedeck. And another great use - showing clients the extent of the work involved and why it's both a valuable and not inexpensive process.

Interesting that you didn't even include the Whitespark Local Citation Finder tool in this process. Was that trying to not self-promote or do you think that using LCF is not as helpful in this particular process (obviously a fantastic tool for finding citations).

Again, thanks.

The local citation finder can definitely be used for citation audits, but for this presentation, I chose to use the Link Prospector to gather data. We have some new features coming to the LCF that will make audits much easier.

If you'd like some self promotion, this service might be of interest. ;)

https://www.whitespark.ca/citation-audit-and-cleanup-service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love NAP Hunter for audits (N.A.P. Hunter Lite - Local SEO Guide)

It's led me to many "VOILA" moments.

I take each of the discrepancies and run them through on their own to make sure aggregators haven't copied the incorrect information as well. It downloads into a spreadsheet, so you can so the client all the references to their business out there that it finds.

I love NAP Hunter for audits (N.A.P. Hunter Lite - Local SEO Guide)

It's led me to many "VOILA" moments.

I take each of the discrepancies and run them through on their own to make sure aggregators haven't copied the incorrect information as well. It downloads into a spreadsheet, so you can so the client all the references to their business out there that it finds.

Awesome, that's what we love to hear!!!

If you have any suggestions for improvements etc, please shoot me a PM.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom