More threads by baltimoreseocompany

Reaction score
I have a client who use one base website for all his locations. Now he got a new New Jersey location website with new domain. His google places page ranked very well with his service keywords. If I change website url with new site url can effect Google Places page ranking?

More I thought it can effect the ranking with new URL..am I wrong?

thanks for your advise..

Could TOTALLY change rankings for the better or worse.

90% or more of the blended algo IMO is based on organic ranking factors which includes not only on-site SEO but domain age, authority, KW in domain, # of backlinks and about 200 other factors. So could TOTALLY change ranking for the better OR worse depending on the strength of various factors on either site.

And factors can cancel each other out too. So could be an EMD would rank higher (if done right and contrary to popular opinion). But if new site without authority still could rank lower.

So totally depends on a ton of different factors and could go either way.

One way to KINDA SORTA predetermine the outcome is to check the ranking of the current page AND the new site in PURE ORGANIC to see which ranks higher right now. (Pure organic meaning, not showing any local, maps, blended or packs at all.) Let me know if you don't know how to do that.

Thanks Linda..

New Domain is new..no backlinks
SEOMoz showing 1/100 for new domain, 54/100 for base domain.

I guess it is better idea to leave it for now...
What if I build citations with new URL?

Well could help some but there are a bunch of other factors to weigh in.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom