More threads by ThomasOMalley

Reaction score
I have been working on the copy for my local websites lately, including the Who We Work With page, Services page, the About Us page.

I highly recommend Dan Furman's book, Do the Web Write, for writing copy for small business websites. You can get his book at amazon.com.

He has some great ideas.

I know it's only been a week or so but what type of copy have you implemented (on your own or from the book) so far? Have you seen any traction from it yet? I just started doing some reading on this and ways to add local content without it looking spammy.

I know it's only been a week or so but what type of copy have you implemented (on your own or from the book) so far? Have you seen any traction from it yet? I just started doing some reading on this and ways to add local content without it looking spammy.

I have written distinct copy for each city web page for my main website.

My web guy is setting up these web pages now. I will see the results in due course.

Dan Furman's book give you great advice for writing the main sections of a service provider's website, such as the About Us page and the FAQ page. There is a lack of good books on writing the content of small business sites. Dan's book is a welcome resource.

Linda has provided some good links for content you can place on your city web pages.

Very good, thanks for the feedback. I am always seeking real life feedback. Books in the SEO world are typically something I try to stay away from as the volatile nature of the industry puts these sources with out of date information. If enough people recommend a book, I'll usually jump on board. Seems as though you have high regards for it so it's worth the nod as far as Im concerned.

Thanks again for sharing the book and your feedback.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom