More threads by Rizwan Ahmed

Rizwan Ahmed

Reaction score
I'm working with a plumbing client who currently only has a Google Business Profile (GBP), and I'm advising him to create a local business website. My reasoning is that a website could be a great platform to showcase his services, credentials, affiliations, client testimonials, and past projects, which would help build his credibility, expertise, and authority. I also mentioned that embedding Google Maps on the website could strengthen the connection between his online presence and physical location, validating the business's authenticity.

However, he's reluctant and has pointed out some top-ranking GBP profiles that don't have websites.

While I understand his point, I still believe that having a well-optimized local business website can indirectly boost GBP rankings by enhancing local SEO, providing consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) information, increasing authority through backlinks, engaging users with relevant content, and reinforcing the business’s legitimacy.

What are your thoughts? Does having a branded local business website genuinely impact GBP rankings? If so, how does it help?

Yes. Yes. Yes. It's one of the biggest and easiest ways to impact rankings.

Thanks @JoyHawkins I endorse your claims, but how do I persuade the client for this, I need some logical claims with evidence that shows having website helps in GBP, his counter reply is that some of the GBPs are ranking without branded websites

You could point them to the local search ranking factors study that lists onsite as a really high factor for what influences rankings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom