More threads by AdvoAd

AdvoAd

Reaction score
I am managing two listings for a law firm - one of them has been marked by Google as a duplicate. So far so good, but as the listings have different titles, I can clearly see that this listing shows up when searching for the company's name. GMB support has confirmed that the two listings have been merged and they are asking me to remove the duplicate listing (again: that's the one showing up on Google) from my dashboard.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Are there two live listings or just one listing that has the wrong title? Sometimes when Google merges listings they can look funny until the merge is complete. They also could have merged them incorrectly.

Are there two live listings or just one listing that has the wrong title? Sometimes when Google merges listings they can look funny until the merge is complete. They also could have merged them incorrectly.

There is just one live listing, but it is the one that is marked as a duplicate. The business has just gotten two new reviews. In the GMB dashboard they can be seen for both listings (the duplicate and the original).

My tendency is to remove the duplicate and then see if the orginal will be found on Google.

Were both profiles verified when they were merged?
As normally Google Support cannot merge 2 verified profiles, and that could be the issue. You would need to unverify the duplicate profile and ask to merge. That could explain the issue and like @Colan Nielsen said it was merged incorrectly.

Were both profiles verified when they were merged?
As normally Google Support cannot merge 2 verified profiles, and that could be the issue. You would need to unverify the duplicate profile and ask to merge. That could explain the issue and like @Colan Nielsen said it was merged incorrectly.

Is there any way to verify now if the listings have actually been merged?

if you have the map link for both profiles, when you enter them in the browser, the same profile should appear and not 2 different profiles.

if you have the map link for both profiles, when you enter them in the browser, the same profile should appear and not 2 different profiles.

Makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't have the links and now I only get to see one of the listings.

Are both profiles on your Google Business Profile Manager?
If not as you said you can find the duplicate when searched, if you find it again you can check the map link and CID. And the original profile should be on your GBP manager, you can see the link and CID on the Home section.

Also when you ask to merge them, you should have the details for both profiles.

Are both profiles on your Google Business Profile Manager?
If not as you said you can find the duplicate when searched, if you find it again you can check the map link and CID. And the original profile should be on your GBP manager, you can see the link and CID on the Home section.

Also when you ask to merge them, you should have the details for both profiles.

Both profiles are on my GBP Manager. How does that help me to get the map links?

if you go to the home section you can get the profile direct links:
1642000717344.png

if you go to the home section you can get the profile direct links:
1642000717344.png

Ok, thank you. These links are only available for the profile that is not marked as a duplicate (which makes sense, because the duplicate normally shouldn't be on Google anymore). But the links for that profile show the one that is marked as a duplicate...

As @Colan Nielsen said
Sometimes when Google merges listings they can look funny until the merge is complete. They also could have merged them incorrectly.

You should reply to support to confirm how they merged those profiles, once confirmed you can go ahead and remove the duplicate profile from your dashboard.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom