More threads by Powersupport

Powersupport

Solutions
Reaction score
I just switched from a SAB to show my address on Google. I entered it using the word "Unit" and that is what it still shows under Business Location under the Edit Profile settings. I tried saving it again as well. However, on the outward parts of Google that potential customers see it says "APT" in all caps. I would prefer it say Unit, #, or anything other than Apt.

95% of my citations say Unit. A few such as Superpages say Apt (lowercase) but they won't allow me to change it, it immediately corrects it to Apt.

An interesting thing happened. I tried to change it by Suggesting an edit thru Google Maps on my iPhone, I changed APT to Unit and submitted it. When I received an email saying that my edit is in review it shows that I tried to change it to APT:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 6.40.48 AM.png

Google tends to normalize that specific piece of data, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Solution
Google tends to normalize that specific piece of data, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

OK, if there’s nothing I could do then I’ll just have to accept it.

I changed it to # in my GBP settings and it accepted it and says it right now in the settings, but it’s still displays APT in the open profile. Oh well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom