More threads by NicoleWattam

NicoleWattam

Reaction score
My client (tree service) is moving, and no longer offering customers to visit their new location.
We toggled the address to be hidden on GBP, but on the listing their old address is still showing.
I've tried a few times, and it says under review, but then continues to show after the review period.

The address has already been removed from the website and socials.
Could Google not be removing because of other listings, or something else?

Solution
Okay, I'll admit to being stumped. I would go straight for google support. Make sure when you answer to the useless initial email (90% of the time no human sees your first message) that you included screen captures and dates.
okay, a few questions:
1) Are you sure the edit isn't still pending?
2) Did the modification trigger a reverification?
3) Do you mean the address is literally there on the listing or it's just in the photo gallery?

okay, a few questions:
1) Are you sure the edit isn't still pending?
2) Did the modification trigger a reverification?
3) Do you mean the address is literally there on the listing or it's just in the photo gallery?

Hi, thank you for your questions:
There is no indication the edit is pending... in the back end it just says "no business location".
On the listing's info panel it shows the address. A re-verification was not triggered.

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 10.06.24 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 10.06.16 AM.jpg

Okay, I'll admit to being stumped. I would go straight for google support. Make sure when you answer to the useless initial email (90% of the time no human sees your first message) that you included screen captures and dates.

Solution
If there are other online listings or directories that still show the old address, it might be affecting the update on GMB. Google can sometimes cross-reference information from various sources to verify business details. I think your best bet it to contact Google to find out! Let us know how you go :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom