More threads by Bryan Bloom

Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
For any particular GBP listing, does anyone know how to get the following links to a profile?

1) ArchMovingSt-Louis - Google Search (I apologize, you have to hover over that hyperlink to see the actual link I am looking for) This link goes directly to the listing, but where do you find this link?

If I go to the actual listing and click on the Share button, I don't get that link, I get this one Arch Moving · 1316 S 2nd St, St. Louis, MO 63104 ("I apologize, you have to hover over that hyperlink to see the actual link I am looking for")

1710269131446.jpg

2) Then there is this longer link Arch Moving · 1316 S 2nd St, St. Louis, MO 63104 (Arch Moving · 1316 S 2nd St, St. Louis, MO 63104) "I apologize, you have to hover over that hyperlink to see the actual link I am looking for"

That link contains the CID link in it.. Where do you find this link, which also goes directly to the GBP listing?

Note - I already know how to get this link Arch Moving · 1316 S 2nd St, St. Louis, MO 63104 it's the 2 above I cannot figure out how to find/get.

Thanks so much!

Bryan

@Bryan Bloom

I am not sure if I am missing something, the difference between the point 2 and link that you have shown towards the end is additional parameters you have in point 2.
  • ll=38.612364,-90.193096: Lat and long.
  • z=14: Zoom level
  • t=m: Type of map
  • hl=en: Language of the page requested.
  • gl=US: Location
  • mapclient=embed: Not sure. Are you using this url for embedding?
  • cid=5267176600733918976: The CID.

These are just additional parameter you can pass to the url. If you are just looking for a direct link to the business, you can just put the CID and google will do the forwarding for you.

If you are looking for CID you can find that with the Basic audit on the GMB Everywhere chrome extension.

If you are looking to stylize a map for embedding, you might like the Google tool provided for this purpose: Styling Wizard: Google Maps APIs

Hope this was helpful.

@Bryan Bloom

I am not sure if I am missing something, the difference between the point 2 and link that you have shown towards the end is additional parameters you have in point 2.
  • ll=38.612364,-90.193096: Lat and long.
  • z=14: Zoom level
  • t=m: Type of map
  • hl=en: Language of the page requested.
  • gl=US: Location
  • mapclient=embed: Not sure. Are you using this url for embedding?
  • cid=5267176600733918976: The CID.

These are just additional parameter you can pass to the url. If you are just looking for a direct link to the business, you can just put the CID and google will do the forwarding for you.

If you are looking for CID you can find that with the Basic audit on the GMB Everywhere chrome extension.

If you are looking to stylize a map for embedding, you might like the Google tool provided for this purpose: Styling Wizard: Google Maps APIs

Hope this was helpful.

Thank you so much!

I don't think the OP is asking how to find or create a link to the GBP listing, he is just asking how to find the short URL of the GBP listing.

If so OP, go to the listing on maps, hover over left pane, inspect element and search for g.page

Edit to add: you don't even have to inpect the element you can just view the source

Last edited:
I don't think the OP is asking how to find or create a link to the GBP listing, he is just asking how to find the short URL of the GBP listing.

If so OP, go to the listing on maps, hover over left pane, inspect element and search for g.page

Edit to add: you don't even have to inpect the element you can just view the source

Actually you are right!! That is what I am trying to do. But I tried to do what you said and can't get the g.page

Are you able to do a screenshot or gif to show me? Thank you in advance

source code here - view-source:https://www.google.com/maps/place/Arch+Moving/@38.6123638,-90.1930962,17z/data=!3m2!4b1!5s0x87d8ca21703255db:0x106dd0881385f0ef!4m6!3m5!1s0x87d8b3814e5de605:0x4918c5362ffea700!8m2!3d38.6123638!4d-90.1930962!16s%2Fg%2F11c2pzv_pd

Edit: can't post it as the forum converts it to a link
Edit again: posted as code now (you will have to copy n paste)

That listing has a "null" where the g.page would be.

Chances are that listing doesn't have a short name

Short names aren't available anymore and only listings that previously set them up have them.

That makes total sense!!! I thought I knew a lot, but still need to learn.

Ok so let me ask one last quetion to you and @JoyHawkins

If you are wanting to link back to the listing - as a backlink - what link would you use? In other words for building a backlink to the listing say in a press release, would you use the g.page link, the CID link, or the share link you can grab as a manager of a listing. Do you feel one is better than the others?

That makes total sense!!! I thought I knew a lot, but still need to learn.

Ok so let me ask one last quetion to you and @JoyHawkins

If you are wanting to link back to the listing - as a backlink - what link would you use? In other words for building a backlink to the listing say in a press release, would you use the g.page link, the CID link, or the share link you can grab as a manager of a listing. Do you feel one is better than the others?

I very rarely would but if I did it would depend on why

If I was doing it for no particular reason I would use the g.page (if it had one)

If not, I would probably just go to the listing on the map, zoom in so no rivals are showing, switch it to satellite, scroll around until I have the best view then use the app.goo.gl link generated by share.

I very rarely would but if I did it would depend on why

If I was doing it for no particular reason I would use the g.page (if it had one)

If not, I would probably just go to the listing on the map, zoom in so no rivals are showing, switch it to satellite, scroll around until I have the best view then use the app.goo.gl link generated by share.

Just to add

like I say, it depends

If I thought it was useful for directions, I would switch it to map mode, zoom out to the best setting for directions and then use that share link

I don't ever build links to Google Business profiles (because there isn't really a point) but I would use the CID version of the URL if I did.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom