More threads by Ryan Steinolfson

Reaction score
Hello experts,

We have a client that has their GBP verified and setup. It has a couple client reviews, but that's about it. We haven't uploaded any pictures nor products and it just got suspended for not following the guidelines.

it HAS to be the description change, because it's the only item we've edited so far. is there anything against the guidelines in this copy? I've asked 3 persons in my team, and we don't see anything wrong with it.

thank you for your insights!

-----------

We help you to organize your life now to avoid the chaos later. At [client's name], we understand the importance of securing your family's future. Our [location] Estate Planning Attorney, [client's name], is dedicated to providing personalized legal solutions that protect your assets and ensure your loved ones are taken care of.

Specializing in estate planning, probate, Medicaid planning, and elder law, [client's name] helps married couples and singles with adult children navigate complex legal matters with care and expertise. Whether you need to draft wills, establish trusts, or manage probate, we offer reliable guidance tailored to your unique needs.

Trust us to safeguard your family's legacy and provide peace of mind for the years to come.

Google is in pre-core update mode. It usually involves a sweep to clean up through the knowledge tree (GBPs are, in fact, part of the knowledge tree), so it's kinda normal to see an elevated rates of duplicates and suspensions (including nonsense ones). You probably didn't do anything specific, you were just unlucky.

Hello experts,

We have a client that has their GBP verified and setup. It has a couple client reviews, but that's about it. We haven't uploaded any pictures nor products and it just got suspended for not following the guidelines.

it HAS to be the description change, because it's the only item we've edited so far. is there anything against the guidelines in this copy? I've asked 3 persons in my team, and we don't see anything wrong with it.

-----------

We help you to organize your life now to avoid the chaos later. At [client's name], we understand the importance of securing your family's future. Our [location] Estate Planning Attorney, [client's name], is dedicated to providing personalized legal solutions that protect your assets and ensure your loved ones are taken care of.

Specializing in estate planning, probate, Medicaid planning, and elder law, [client's name] helps married couples and singles with adult children navigate complex legal matters with care and expertise. Whether you need to draft wills, establish trusts, or manage probate, we offer reliable guidance tailored to your unique needs.

Trust us to safeguard your family's legacy and provide peace of mind for the years to come.

Hey Ryan,

I've looked over your business description and I must say it doesn't seem to contain any policy violations. But I want to tell you that sometimes incomplete information about a business profile affects its overall authority.

As you said you haven't uploaded any photos or products, if your profile is new (around 4-7 days) then the suspensions may have taken place because of incomplete information from the business which caused Google to remove it in suspense of this profile being a part of the scam.

In general, you should complete business information as soon as you can.

Hello experts,

-----------

It can be many things, such as verification address, phone number, or reporting by competitors.

Google is in pre-core update mode. It usually involves a sweep to clean up through the knowledge tree (GBPs are, in fact, part of the knowledge tree), so it's kinda normal to see an elevated rates of duplicates and suspensions (including nonsense ones). You probably didn't do anything specific, you were just unlucky.

Past three months weve worked with unusually high numbers of suspensions due to "deceptive content", feels like last week of 2021 to early weeks of 2022, where we encountered a lot of suspensions due to "suspicious activity". Just like the OP, a few new verified 'benign' profiles got caught in the algo net. Just essential info that filled the boxes, nothing else, flagged for 'deceptive content'.

Past three months weve worked with unusually high numbers of suspensions due to "deceptive content", feels like last week of 2021 to early weeks of 2022, where we encountered a lot of suspensions due to "suspicious activity". Just like the OP, a few new verified 'benign' profiles got caught in the algo net. Just essential info that filled the boxes, nothing else, flagged for 'deceptive content'.

I think deceptive refers to info that is not a proper match (e.g. name or address discrepancy) or an address that should not be displayed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom