More threads by Theo1313

Theo1313

Solutions
Reaction score
It appears Google Posts does not like pipes. I was reviewing my Google Posts and noticed that some were rejected over the last half of the year. I tried to figure out why and the only thing they all have in common are pictures of pipes -- plumbing. Nothing else about the Posts differs from the other 98% that were not rejected. Nothing spammy, no duplicates, not low quality, nothing. I am very careful with everything Google-related. They are all basic "looking for plumbing work, call us" style posts -- just like all the others. Nothing different. We are a home service company (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).

So I just wanted to share this because I find it weird, and it didn't quite fit into any of the other existing threads. Below are some of the pictures. Maybe someone else can figure it out? I should mention that not all Posts with pipes got rejected -- but a good percentage did.

Untitled-12.jpg

Then the nanny bot misidentified them as stock images. Go post for help in the forum and send me the link. I have a friend that would love to see this issue.

I have a couple of plumbers and pipe photos haven't been a consistent issue. It's mostly just been here lately where Google shows lots of GBP Posts rejected in the dashboard but they still show on the consumer side of the listings.

I might suggest that the before and after photos you have meshed together are more likely to get rejected. Those seem to have been hit or miss for a long time for roofers, plumbers, carpet cleaners, hvac etc.

It appears Google Posts does not like pipes. I was reviewing my Google Posts and noticed that some were rejected over the last half of the year. I tried to figure out why and the only thing they all have in common are pictures of pipes -- plumbing. Nothing else about the Posts differs from the other 98% that were not rejected. Nothing spammy, no duplicates, not low quality, nothing. I am very careful with everything Google-related. They are all basic "looking for plumbing work, call us" style posts -- just like all the others. Nothing different. We are a home service company (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).

So I just wanted to share this because I find it weird, and it didn't quite fit into any of the other existing threads. Below are some of the pictures. Maybe someone else can figure it out? I should mention that not all Posts with pipes got rejected -- but a good percentage did.

Untitled-12.jpg

Something in the exif file is probably triggering this behaviour. Try reading the exif file using an image editor & see if anything suspicious is found there.

Hope it helps.

Something in the exif file is probably triggering this behaviour. Try reading the exif file using an image editor & see if anything suspicious is found there.

Hope it helps.

exif data is not a thing and has no impact here. This is the nannybot as we call it not working correctly.

exif data is not a thing and has no impact here. This is the nannybot as we call it not working correctly.

Almost every image I use for Posts is outputted from Photoshop. I load them into a template for the correct size and to fix any coloring, etc.

I now think that the nannybot must find the shapes of these pipes are "sexy".

Overall this is not a big deal. I just thought it was interesting enough to post here.

I now think that the nannybot must find the shapes of these pipes are "sexy".

Vision AI | Derive Image Insights via ML | Cloud Vision API | Google Cloud will tell you what google's AI thinks is in a photo.

pipes1AI.JPG

For your second one, 'pipes' is down around 60%.

pipes2AI.JPG

But I did a reverse image search at Google Lens - Search What You See and google finds that exact photo on a Twitter account called airgroup. Is that yours? Maybe google thinks you wrongly lifted it from there.

Interestingly, all of the many "Visual matches" presented there at Lens are HVAC. None are of drills or vehicle engines, etc. So in this case, Lens did a better job of matching than Vision AI. Though the aim of the AI is to label it, while lens only matches geometric patterns with no attempt to declare what it is.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom