More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Solutions
Reaction score
We've noticed over the last few months that features of the old gallery have been progressively removed. It's still possible to access it and avoid the HEINOUS new gallery by altering the minisite editing url (replace "site" with "photos", or vice-versa)... except as of two weeks ago we noticed that new profiles are no longer given the option to create a business site AND they show the new gallery only, even in profiles that up til now defaulted to the classic gallery.

Anyone else noticed this?

Anyone knows how to reconstruct the URL for the gallery? The number used in it is not given anywhere else on the profile!

I mean this stupid gallery is showing more and more and we can't get rid of it.
1688583810744.jpg

Your trick is working to fix this too, because the same number is what you want for both the old-style gallery and the business site. That being said, I suspect if Google's goal is to get rid of these features, it will not work eternally.

I mean this stupid gallery is showing more and more and we can't get rid of it.
1688583810744.jpg

Your trick is working to fix this too, because the same number is what you want for both the old-style gallery and the business site. That being said, I suspect if Google's goal is to get rid of these features, it will not work eternally.

Yeah, it's definitely not a solution that will work forever. Interesting that people were looking for this old gallery.

Wow! Thanks so much @Tim Kahlert for writing/sharing the article! I'm working on a new GBP for a client, and your method seems to be working to create a business.site for the first time.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom