More threads by virens

virens

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any insight that would explain what seems to be growing inconsistency in the GMB suggested edit review process.

We're suggesting legitimate edits to spammy listings nearly every day, and these oddities stick out more and more:
  • Some edits are accepted instantly
  • Some edits are rejected instantly
  • Some edits are sat in review for weeks, some months
  • Sometimes we're sent a confirmation email instantly after suggesting an edit, sometimes we're sent one days later (regardless of the edit status)
There's obviously a mix of human and algorithm at play, but why such disparity? For example, why do some listings get reviewed (I assume by a human) far quicker than others?

Also, how long to people wait before using the redressal form for an edit that's stuck 'in review'?

Thanks in advance for any useful info you might have.

Hey Tom,

This article answers some of those questions. I pretty much only use Suggest an Edit these days on listings that aren't owner verified.

The Redressal Form is a bit up and down lately. Some things I've sent in get processed in days and others take weeks.

Thanks as always, @JoyHawkins - very helpful.

It's such a shame the review process is dragging on. I've got edits from 6 months ago that are still in review, and others that were updated a couple of weeks after they were suggested. Both were often made on the same say, so I can only assume the review queue order isn't chronological, either.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom