More threads by romora

romora

Reaction score
Hello all, I've noticed significant month-over-month increases in visibility for some clients in the Auto Industry on their Google Business Profiles (GBPs). However, in some cases, these increases in visibility are not translating into corresponding increases in user actions. I'm trying to understand the context behind why we see such substantial percentage increases in visibility but no growth in user actions. Has anyone seen something similar?

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 10.23.13 AM.jpg

@romora - I'm sure there are multiple plausible explanations, so it will be interesting to see what others say. Here's one possibility, IMO:

A view means that the profile was on the SERPs. A profile in, say, position 20 on a desktop view of Google Maps isn't going to get many clicks! It will clock one view but isn't likely to clock any actions.

Say you've been working to get the profile to rank for more keywords. It might get into the SERPs more often, raising views, but if its rankings are dropping for some of the keywords it has ranked for historically, it might be getting fewer clicks at the same time!

This would be particularly true if the profile is showing up for more non-branded keywords. Branded searches tend to lead to clicks because those searchers are looking for the business.

So, maybe you should factor in your rankings. How are they doing?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom