More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,
Our client Hello Garage of Raleigh is a service area garage remodeling company. The company is part of the Hello Garage Franchise where a majority of them are service area businesses. We've been experiencing problems with every new GBP listing recently. We've had trouble with service areas being rejected, websites being rejected, categories being rejected, and services being removed. This particular listing I was setting it up and they asked for the listing to be reverified for a 3rd time. We've had two prior postcards sent and submitted and now it's asking for a third time. I tried removing the address because it is a residential business which prompted the reverify. I reached out to google the second time and they send to just send the postcard and they've already fixed tickets to fix the service area and categories.
Is there any reasoning behind this? We have other franchise clients that are not experiencing this type of issue this consistently.
Thanks!
9-1776000032664
4-6582000032954
0-4444000032578 (newest one)
1661798179083.jpg

Hi,
Our client Hello Garage of Raleigh is a service area garage remodeling company. The company is part of the Hello Garage Franchise where a majority of them are service area businesses. We've been experiencing problems with every new GBP listing recently. We've had trouble with service areas being rejected, websites being rejected, categories being rejected, and services being removed. This particular listing I was setting it up and they asked for the listing to be reverified for a 3rd time. We've had two prior postcards sent and submitted and now it's asking for a third time. I tried removing the address because it is a residential business which prompted the reverify. I reached out to google the second time and they send to just send the postcard and they've already fixed tickets to fix the service area and categories.
Is there any reasoning behind this? We have other franchise clients that are not experiencing this type of issue this consistently.
Thanks!
9-1776000032664
4-6582000032954
1661798179083.jpg

Hey luis. It looks like they're probably giving you trouble because you are initially setting these up with the residential address listed. When you first go to set up the listing, when they ask if there is an address for customers to visit, select no, then go through the rest of setup. It will still prompt you for an address, but it will never display the address. It will only use that address to verify and rank the listing geographically. If you're attempting to list the address, Google holds it to the same standard as a regular in-person office. When Google sees that it's zoned residential, it often gives you trouble verifying and may eventually require signage photos or video verification. If you never try to display the address, it never puts you through that. So my advise is try setting it up without ever displaying the address and see if that goes more smoothly.

Although, if those locations do have permanent physical signage that meets Google's requirements, you can try sending photos in when you log a new ticket on the issue.

Hey luis. It looks like they're probably giving you trouble because you are initially setting these up with the residential address listed. When you first go to set up the listing, when they ask if there is an address for customers to visit, select no, then go through the rest of setup. It will still prompt you for an address, but it will never display the address. It will only use that address to verify and rank the listing geographically. If you're attempting to list the address, Google holds it to the same standard as a regular in-person office. When Google sees that it's zoned residential, it often gives you trouble verifying and may eventually require signage photos or video verification. If you never try to display the address, it never puts you through that. So my advise is try setting it up without ever displaying the address and see if that goes more smoothly.

Hi Seaniaaa,
Thank you for the response! I will try that method for our next setup and see if I get different results. I've always just input the address then cleared it.
Thank you!

Hi Seaniaaa,
Thank you for the response! I will try that method for our next setup and see if I get different results. I've always just input the address then cleared it.
Thank you!

You're very welcome! Best of luck. It may still give you trouble, but hopefully a little less so!

Hi,
Thanks!
9-1776000032664
4-6582000032954
1661798179083.jpg

This is a residential address, so the address should have been hidden when you set it up. One of 4 things can happen when you edit any of the following information:
Business name, address, category, phone number, or website.
1. The edits will be automatically accepted
2. The edits will go into pending review
3. The profile will need to be verified again
4. The profile will get suspended.

Set up the profile the way that needs to be when verified and then request a new postcard.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom