Reaction score
Since Google has allowed ?business listings created via the (old) Places Dashboard to merge with and take on attributes of a G+ Page for local, it has been standard procedure in certain problem cases to delete the G+ Page and return the listing to a non-social listing. I had done so on numerous occasions with […] Related posts:
  1. Service Area Business with a verified social local Google+ page? Delete It
  2. New Places for Business Dashboard Has 25 Listing Limit
  3. Google Now Auto-Merging Google+ Pages Into Google Places Dashboard Listings
80b5d6ae96af7b497277a816ddd6b785

Read More at Mike Blumenthal's Blog...

What do you guys think???

Please visit the site linked above to read the full post.
Or add comments and questions below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I replied at Mike's about a thread here that shows the messaging can even get worse.

Go read Mike's post 1st. Then here is my reply and the other thread here.

Mike, on the flip side it’s even worse.

Trying to delete an unverified listing from the Places dash? It gives you super scary messaging like above but worse, because I think the system “assumes” the Places listing is attached to a G+ listing even when in the cases below they were not and had not upgraded to +.

Again this is an UNCLAIMED listing in dash that someone just wants to remove.
The message says scary weird stuff like:

“Deleting Place page… will also delete the Google account that’s associated with it”???

“You will still responsible for financial transactions” What???

“I understand that under certain circumstances my earnings won’t be paid out” What??? What earnings?

The 2nd box says “yes I want to delete my account” NOT listing, but account! Meaning the entire account will be deleted if you delete an unclaimed Place page?

See screenshots below in post 17, 19 and 21 from 2 users including Colan who verified it.
http://localsearchforum.catalystema...sed-frustrated-dashboard-serps.html#post24826

I reported to Google.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Mike just did a new related post on a slightly different topic.

But he quoted something important from a Googler that relates here, so wanted to post it.

New Google Places For Business Listings Can Now Be Transferred to a New Owner via G+ Page Management

I learned the hard way this past week that a business listing in the new Google Places for Business Dashboard that has been upgraded to social functionality, is intimately tied to that social presence. Delete the social page and you delete the business listing forcing you to reclaim the listing. The upshot of this is once you go social you can?t go back. At least not without some aggravation.

Dan Pritchett, who plays a significant role in the dashboard development at Google, said this:
"To be clear, with the new dashboard the G+ page and the listing are tightly associated. Every G+ Local page is backed by a listing and once you get a G+ Local page, your places listing is tied to it. Removing one always removes the other."

INTERESTING to me that a Googler is calling a G+ Business page a G+ Local page. Google+ Local is the PUBLIC or consumer-facing name THEY gave the page that used to be called a Place page. (Not merged with G+ or anything.)

And we wonder why everyone is confused!!!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Margaret Ornsby Is this new? Google May Delete Your Places Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 39
B Should I delete and start over? Showing old places dashboard, but have new Google + Help & Support for Google Local 7
johncrenshaw Deleting Unverified Listings in the new Google+Local / Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 6
B Google places merged, and now deleted. Help & Support for Google Local 1
R Mapmaker POI Deleted + Google Places Dashboard saying 'Pending Review' Help & Support for Google Local 6
djbaxter How to Delete a Google Review Local Reviews 1
k.ivanova Google My Business & Google Maps forum threads being deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 11
CarrieHill Emails from Google "Unpublished Google My Business listings about to be deleted" - Don't Panic! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Write/delete/create information from (CMS/ERP/Google App Script) TO GMB API : in both ways Local SEO Tools & Software 1
camarchi01 Help Deleting a Google+ Page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Merge (or delete) a Duplicate Google My Business Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
kkbedard Five Google+ Pages for client - Merging and deleting help! Help & Support for Google Local 6
Linda Buquet Log Into Google My Business or Your Listing May Be Deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Deleting Google+ Pages You Don't Own Google My Business & Google Maps 11
mborgelt From Google: Continue to Update Your Google+ Page or it Will Be Deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet All My Google Reviews got Deleted? No Your Page Split in Half Local Reviews 4
Jo Shaer Deleting Google+ Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Cam Delete "Google Account" and start "NEW" wil it destroy your Rankings? Local Search 14
A Deleting/Merging with New Google+ Local Dashboard NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
A Deleting/Merging with New Google+ Local Dashboard NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Marie Ysais Deleted Google+ Merged Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Travis Van Slooten Google Won't Delete Duplicate So What Should I Do? Help & Support for Google Local 14
G How can GOOGLE REMOVE / DELETE ALL Information about my Personal Data and Address ? Recycle Bin 1
L Call From Google Maps - Deleted? Help & Support for Google Local 40
Linda Buquet Does Google Permanently Sandbox Deleted/Restored G+ Local SAB Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 13
L Service Area Business DELETED - Google+ Local Support Saga Proves My Points Service Area Businesses 1
Linda Buquet Service Area Business DELETED - Google+ Local Support Saga Proves My Points Service Area Businesses 1
Linda Buquet Lynx WNBA Team Google+ Page Deleted - A Cautionary Tale Local Search 3
T Google No Longer Deletes Duplicates...Hmmmmm...That's Interesting Google Duplicates & Merges 7
Travis Van Slooten Google No Longer Deletes Duplicates...Hmmmmm...That's Interesting Google Duplicates & Merges 7
L Business Listings Deleted by Google - Do Not Support Location Update Service Area Businesses 69
Linda Buquet Business Listings Deleted by Google - Do Not Support Location Update Service Area Businesses 69
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S Department Listings Deleting/Merging Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Can Changing a Listings' Ownership delete the Comments? Local Search 2
steviephil GMB Support telling me to delete & re-add listing to change its language? Multi-Location Issues 4
J Deleting 5 GMB/Maps listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D How to Delete my localsearchforum.com profile? Contact Us Messages 1
Tim Colling Should you *delete* your GMB listing if you're a "national" business? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Marissa Deleting a GMB Profile Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R User deleted: Backlinking to GMB Listing Recycle Bin 0
D delete my profile please Contact Us Messages 1
marcusdb GMB duplicate marked as "Place Doesn't Exist" - can you recover the deleted listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2
D GMB Permanently Closed vs. Remove location (delete) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C How To Protect Spam Listings From Getting Deleted Google Local 101 3
H Why were so many of my descriptions updated and deleted? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter How do you delete or edit a GMB post? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Tony Wang Delete Single Practitioner Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 5