Cuoreimpavido

Reaction score
Hi, I know that some codes that worked before are now irrelevant/not in use in Google SERP,

I get reviews on 4 major websites (including GMB) and I would love to show a consolidated star rating (for example 4.8 out of 400 reviews, if I have a total of 400 reviews in all 4 sites).

I went to Google support pages to see what would be the most up-to-date code to implement it, but I got extremely confused by the rules of Google:

Source: Review snippet | Search for Developers | Google Developers

• Make sure the reviews and ratings you mark up are readily available to users from the marked-up page. It should be immediately obvious to users that the page has review content.
  • Pages using LocalBusiness or any other type of Organization structured data are ineligible for star review feature if the entity being reviewed controls the reviews about itself. For example, a review about entity A is placed on the website of entity A, either directly in their structured data or through an embedded third-party widget.
So I need to show the reviews on my page, but I can't do it with a widget because then I have control over it?

Please let me know what would be the correct way to implement it.

Thank you!

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
If it's a local business, it probably won't be displayed in search results for your own site.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom