More threads by George-S

George-S

Reaction score
How do marketing agencies have gmb listings in google maps? Internet marketing services for example.

"How" as in, "What do they do to create a GMB listing?" Same steps as usual. You'd pick a category like "Internet marketing service," or "Marketing agency" or "Marketing consultant" (those are other options).

Or is your question more like, "Wait a minute, why does Google allow marketing agencies to have GMB pages at all?"

"How" as in, "What do they do to create a GMB listing?" Same steps as usual. You'd pick a category like "Internet marketing service," or "Marketing agency" or "Marketing consultant" (those are other options).

Or is your question more like, "Wait a minute, why does Google allow marketing agencies to have GMB pages at all?"
How as in do they get away with it as google clearly says you have to go to customers locations? Which means the catchment service area is a 2 hr radius. Reason asking is because I got off the ohone with google support. They clearly don’t allow this so I am wonder how or is there a secret that I don’t know about lol.
Thanks

@George-S, the short answer is: it's complicated, so there's no short answer.

1. Google's policies and what it really cares about and acts on are two different things, as I often say.

2. In general, when there is a GMB category for a certain kind of business, Google is down with that kind of business.

3. Google has no way to tell whether the people who work at the marketing agency with the GMB page make in-person contact with clients.

4. Especially in the last year, Google has become much more relaxed about - sometimes encouraging of - businesses that do not make in-person contact with customers / clients / patients.

I was strictly talking about internet marketing services. Guidelines are so vague. There is no where they say you need a sign on vehicle, business cards, and obviously an office. No one says these things when searching either anywhere.

I am not saying a business doing that type of business shouldn’t require those things but they don’t state that.
Point being there are a ton of legitimate national businesses that have a listing. Meaning a phone number cple pictures and a website address So how do these companies create a listings?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom