More threads by Shelly

Shelly

Reaction score
I am working with a College Campus trying to regain access to their GBP (a former staff member had it). I started the verification process after the associated person didn't reply.

My question is - I have started this process under my Google Account but the on-campus Communications Director would like to complete the verification (which is WAY easier than me driving to the campus). Since I have not gone through this process, I am unsure if we can use his mobile number for the verification process or if I will need to do it on my phone since the GBP is associated with my Google Account.

Did Google already give you a verification method? If so you need to go through that method. You should be able to add their email as a user to the account and they can complete the verification through their account.

I doubt they will allow you to use his mobile number for the verification, unless that number is already on the listing.

Did Google already give you a verification method? If so you need to go through that method. You should be able to add their email as a user to the account and they can complete the verification through their account.

I doubt they will allow you to use his mobile number for the verification, unless that number is already on the listing.

Initially, Google only gave a phone verification option, which we couldn't use because of the automated answering system. I contacted Google support and after a couple emails, they gave me the Live Video option.

I checked to see if I could add the Communications Director's email to the unverified account, but Google is not giving me that option yet. I can go to the school and do this process if needed, I was just trying to be as efficient as possible.

You should be able to add a user to an unverified business. How to add & remove owners & managers for your Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Are you getting an error when trying to add their email? Or is the option just greyed out?

I initially missed the three dots since the SERP interface since it looked so different due to the unverified status. I now can see my mistake. Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for. Feeling silly I overlooked it, but thankful for the help!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom