More threads by expinch

expinch

Reaction score
For my GMB (real estate agent) I use my actual home address, but I configure GMB to say I'm a service-based business, so it doesn't list my address anywhere. I did this because I'm unable to use my broker's address, and I don't really have an addressable office there, anyways.

I also have a GLS account, which is essentially just tied to the GMB listing.

However, for the purpose of creating a NAP address for my local SEO, I am using a completely separate business address that, although it looks like a legitimate business, is just an office storefront. It's essentially a virtual office address where I can receive mail. And I use this address for all of my local citations for local SEO purposes.

I understand this may not be optimal, but it seemed like the best approach at the time. Could I be running into potential problems here?

I understand this may not be optimal, but it seemed like the best approach at the time. Could I be running into potential problems here?
Potentially. What I would do instead is utilize the directory sites that let you hide the address as well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom