More threads by SSMMatt

SSMMatt

Reaction score
Here's the situation:
The local SAB had the location name in their GBP name, but it was removed about a month ago. They still come up in "near me" searches it seems their reach isn't as far is it was when there was the location name in the GBP profile name. Their hidden location is a little bit north of the main area they'd like to come up for.

We created a DBA for them including the location name. We've created new citations for them. We are in the process of updating the existing main citation listings through Brightlocal. The logo and website have been updated with the new name "Business Name - Location"

We'd like to update the GBP profile name again with the location, but fear needing to reverify or worse, being suspended.

When is it "safe" to update the GBP profile name?

Solution
I think as long as you have not made any other major edits within the last week or two (URL, phone number or address edits specifically) you should be good to update the business name at anytime. I rarely if ever see Google take action on business name edits, especially if they are legit like this one is with the DBA.
I think as long as you have not made any other major edits within the last week or two (URL, phone number or address edits specifically) you should be good to update the business name at anytime. I rarely if ever see Google take action on business name edits, especially if they are legit like this one is with the DBA.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom