More threads by dvarhol

dvarhol

Reaction score
It is my understanding that Local Services Ads are based on your GMB page. So if a pest control company has 3 different locations throughout New England (3 different GMB profiles), you will need to create three different LSA accounts and go through the background check for each?

Also, are your reviews from GMB pulled into your LSA ads? And since positive reviews are a top ranking factor, a pest control location that only has 2 reviews on their GMB would not make for a good LSA candidate?

Thanks,

@dvarhol, yes that's correct. You could also set up just one LSA account and have it target the other locations but it will show the location in the LSA search results and won't rank as well as profiles that are targeting the cities they are actually in.

That's correct. GMB reviews are linked to LSA ads so the more reviews it has the better it will look and perform.

@dvarhol I wouldn't write off LSA just because a location only has 2 reviews. Some industries have good roi and it's worth trying it out. You never know how it might perform without testing it, and LSA is still one of the most cost effective ads.

Has Google commented on when an business with multiple locations and GMB profiles, overlap in LSA, for example same company is shown in top three listings?

@nixid, yeah if a business is targeting the same job types and service areas with multiple accounts that is technically against Google's policies and it could result in those accounts being disabled. But I personally, have yet to see Google enforce this.

1619115200967.png

It is my understanding that Local Services Ads are based on your GMB page. So if a pest control company has 3 different locations throughout New England (3 different GMB profiles), you will need to create three different LSA accounts and go through the background check for each?

Also, are your reviews from GMB pulled into your LSA ads? And since positive reviews are a top ranking factor, a pest control location that only has 2 reviews on their GMB would not make for a good LSA candidate?

@nixid, yeah if a business is targeting the same job types and service areas with multiple accounts that is technically against Google's policies and it could result in those accounts being disabled. But I personally, have yet to see Google enforce this.

1619115200967.png

Google has definitely enforced this on one of my other client's accounts.
SImply because the name of the business was the same they flagged my accounts. Causing a lot of issues. I was under the impression that if the business had a different address and you did not overlap the GEO's it was fine but I guess the business name being the same is what caused the accounts to be flagged.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom