More threads by JaredCaraway

JaredCaraway

Reaction score
My client has two hospital locations, one of them with the street address 18500 Katy Fwy ('West' - link) and the other miles away at 6565 Fannin St ('TMC' - link).

Several patients have reported they inadvertently went to the wrong location after searching for a partial address in Google Maps. Here's what comes up if you search for "18500 katy fwy" and submit the query without selecting one of Google's autosuggest options.
Web capture_31-1-2022_84857_www.google.com.jpeg

Despite being nowhere near West, our TMC location comes up as a disambiguation result associated with the exact street address of West. I've also confirmed the street address is not on the TMC profile. I have no idea why TMC would be showing up for an address it is not associated with. (See screenshots below.)
Web capture_31-1-2022_9158_www.google.com.jpeg

Web capture_31-1-2022_9215_business.google.com.jpeg

I have submitted a help ticket for the West profile and detailed this error; GBP support told me I would need to suggest an edit on the map itself.

I have tried dragging the pin on the erroneous location and had it "accepted" which resulted in nothing happening. I then went in and updated the address on the result tied to TMC. It was also accepted, and nothing also appears to have happened. It's been more than 24 hours since each of the changes was accepted.

What would you recommend as the best approach to fix this bug? Thanks!

This seems to be a Google Maps issue, so GBP support is not the best to contact for this issue. Google Maps and GBP are two different departments with different teams. Reach out to Google Maps support here and see if they can be of more help. If they do not offer the help you need, post it on the Google Maps community thread and try to get it escalated by a product expert. Post all the info you posted on here to the thread.

Honestly seems like a bug to me. the second option that comes up for search for "18500 katy fwy" has the wrong zip code for that area and I don't think it should be coming up at all. you can also try having other Google profiles make the pin edits you already did and see if they stick (try to get Google profiles with good standing and clout). But I think support is the best route to address this bug in the long run.

Good luck!

This seems to be a Google Maps issue, so GBP support is not the best to contact for this issue. Google Maps and GBP are two different departments with different teams. Reach out to Google Maps support here and see if they can be of more help. If they do not offer the help you need, post it on the Google Maps community thread and try to get it escalated by a product expert. Post all the info you posted on here to the thread.

Honestly seems like a bug to me. the second option that comes up for search for "18500 katy fwy" has the wrong zip code for that area and I don't think it should be coming up at all. you can also try having other Google profiles make the pin edits you already did and see if they stick (try to get Google profiles with good standing and clout). But I think support is the best route to address this bug in the long run.

Good luck!

Ahhhh, thank you so much! I appreciate it. Can't believe I didn't make that connection before. I guess 99% of my issues have always been with GMB/GBP, so I just got tunnel vision. Very helpful response.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom