More threads by Caroline

Reaction score
Hi,

My client has a map listing that was disabled. He is a Service Area Business and so only shows the service areas he works in. But Google says that his listing is ineligible.

What is wrong? Anyone else had this situation? How can I get him reinstated after being denied?

Thanks for any help.

I've also been confused about this.

I thought that SABs were ineligible for map listings at one point. I submitted my SAB to maps several years ago and it was published but pretty much useless. Since my main clients come from the US, Canada, and the UK, I entered those as locations. That was pretty much pointless since I got a map of the world with North America and the UK highlighted. It's changes now to pretty much just a map or the world.

Of course, most SABs have a much narrower focus. A client is a charity serving three counties in Ontario Canada. It shows a listing but the tag is at one of the board member's home, even though it is an SAB and the address should not be published. I'm reluctant to do anything to change that because I recently managed to get the listing unsuspended from both Google Maps and Google local and organic search. Actually, that was accomplished quite quickly: about 2 weeks.

If you have not yet, you can submit a reinstatement form here. Only submit this form after reviewing the guidelines for representing your business on Google as well as reviewing the guidelines on how to fix a suspended profile here. Make sure your profile is in compliance. Provide all info possible to prove the business is located at the address you verified with. This can include business utility bill, insurance certificates, business license, filing with the state, branded trucks or uniforms. Since this is a SAB make sure the proof matches the address your listing was verified to (this is very important).

If the reinstatement form does not work, my recommendation is to contact Google using this form about the suspension; again provide all info possible to prove the business is located at the address you verified with. Try and figure out anything that could be amiss from your previous reinstatement request - you don't want to submit the exact same stuff as you'll probably get denied again.

Also include any case IDs you have from previous forms filed with Google (in this case the reinstatement form case ID).

If none of that works, head to the GBP forum and to see if a Product Expert can help. Make sure to include the case IDs from your support communication.

Hi,

My client has a map listing that was disabled. He is a Service Area Business and so only shows the service areas he works in. But Google says that his listing is ineligible.

What is wrong? Anyone else had this situation? How can I get him reinstated after being denied?

Thanks for any help.

There are too many reasons why a business profile can be denied reinstatement. It could be the address that was used to verify the business profile, too large of a service area, a blacklisted account, a data issue, or Google couldn't verify the existence of the business.

Hi,

to follow this up. I asked the Community and got some replies. They told me to reply to the email that was sent with the reinstatement declined with the evidence I have. I have done but I'm doubtful that they will get it reinstated and I'll get a flat reply denying the reinstatement once again. This has taken a few hours to get to this stage with back and forth.

The locksmith is losing money as his business relies on this listing. Would it be a good idea to try and create a new listing as a last resort if denied again?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

I would not recommend creating a new listing, you will probably run into duplicate listing issues and be in the same boat you are right now.

If Google support is unable to help, go back to the forum thread you got a response on originally and ask the PE (or whoever was helping) to take another look. If you provide your business info and proof, they can sometimes offer insight into why the profile may be getting denied reinstatement.

Hi,

to follow this up. I asked the Community and got some replies. They told me to reply to the email that was sent with the reinstatement declined with the evidence I have. I have done but I'm doubtful that they will get it reinstated and I'll get a flat reply denying the reinstatement once again. This has taken a few hours to get to this stage with back and forth.

The locksmith is losing money as his business relies on this listing. Would it be a good idea to try and create a new listing as a last resort if denied again?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Caroline, was the account reinstated?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom