More threads by nheslop

nheslop

Reaction score
A few months ago we noticed that when a potential client sent in a message lead via LSA, they were recieving Auto-replies from emails listed on our MCC. This is a huge issue, because we manage many different attorney's LSA listings and they should not have our Out of Office responses being sent to their potential clients.

For example, one of our employees set up an auto-reply for the week he was going to be out of town. He manages our PPC accounts and his email is on our Manager account (MCC), but not on this specific attorney's LSA Google Ads Account. This attorney contacted us, saying that a potential client recieved a response to their message lead stating the attorney would be out of office for the next week. The auto-reply setup by our PPC account manager had automantically been sent to the potential customer. This means that we can't set up any auto-reponses for away messages on our personal emails if they are connected to the MCC in any way. (See attached)

I have contacted Google about this issue several times and they do not see it as a concern. I have never noticed this happening until a few months ago. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a good way to fix it? We want to be able to set up auto-replies when we are out of the office without having that response go to our attorney client's potential leads.

auto_response_lsa.jpg

Are those AM emails in your MCC also "admin" users on the client account? Are you seeing autoresponders from email accts that are in your MCC, but not a user on that particular client account?

Never heard of it, so thanks for sharing. I've run into the issue of clients not receiving message lead email notifications because there were multiple admin emails on the account. In those cases, the fix was to use only one admin email on the acct and "demote" all others to standard access - to ensure that email gets the notifications - and can reply via email.

Maybe use a secondary email to set up an account from the get-go, have that be the sole admin in the account, setup filters/fwding to route those to other people? But that obviously doesn't solve your existing problem.

Supposedly a WhatsApp integration is coming for LSA message leads.

The email is not on the specific customer account. Their email is a user on the MCC, but not a user on the specific LSA profile. This all seems to have started recently as well. This has not happened or has not been noticed by customers until July of this year.

Customers are still getting email notifications of leads they received (even if they have standard access), so I don’t think it’s an issue of admin vs standard access.

I was trying to figure out a way to exclude certain emails from auto-responses but haven’t had any luck yet. I was thinking we could set this up on our outlook emails and exclude auto-responding to anything from localservices-noreply@google.com.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom