More threads by Craig McBreen

Craig McBreen

Reaction score
I have a client (a therapist) in a relatively large city – metro population 900K.

She's moving to a smaller city (14 miles away) of about 10K people.

With our work, she now has the top spot in the Google 3-pack in the larger city and a steady flow of clients. BUT with the address change, that'll probably disappear. She has a strong online presence, so Google results (might) be based more on authority than proximity, but I'm not counting on that.

With the address change, my focus is:
• Running Google text ads in the larger city
• Creating city/location pages
• Localize posts
• An outreach campaign for exposure and backlinks

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the move is likely going to result in a pretty large drop in leads due to the population difference of those cities. I'd just make sure the client has the appropriate expectations so they are aware of the impact.

I have a client (a therapist) in a relatively large city – metro population 900K.

She's moving to a smaller city (14 miles away) of about 10K people.

With our work, she now has the top spot in the Google 3-pack in the larger city and a steady flow of clients. BUT with the address change, that'll probably disappear. She has a strong online presence, so Google results (might) be based more on authority than proximity, but I'm not counting on that.

With the address change, my focus is:
• Running Google text ads in the larger city
• Creating city/location pages
• Localize posts
• An outreach campaign for exposure and backlinks

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
I suppose your client can provide online services (I'm not sure what kind of therapy she does) to her clientele in the larger city so that she doesn't lose her market share there.

Unfortunately, the move is likely going to result in a pretty large drop in leads due to the population difference of those cities. I'd just make sure the client has the appropriate expectations so they are aware of the impact.
@JoyHawkins because of this, I've just kept the old office address she no longer uses in the larger city (where all her clients are). Just not sure how long I can keep this up!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom