More threads by Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

My client is an SAB and at the beginning of the year Google created a duplicate listing for them showing their home address. Since then, I've tried everything I can think of to remove this listing, but nothing has worked. Over the course of 5 months, I've created 4 GBP support tickets, a thread in the GBP Community, tried suggesting a plethora of edits, and verified the duplicate listing so that I could push the "Remove profile content and manager" button, thinking this would delete the listing. Well nothing has worked, and I'm looking for some more advice. The duplicate listing is causing a big headache for my client, because that is the listing that shows up for branded searches instead of their SAB with photos, reviews, etc.

Main: LINK
Duplicate: LINK

Any insight would be appreciated!

Solution
Hi JS Girard,

Thanks for your input. I have tried for months to get this duplicate removed while it was unclaimed. I only recently claimed it (via email) so I could remove the website, phone number, and change the name in hopes that this would cause it to no longer show up for brand searches. This idea unfortunately did not work. I can easily make the profile unclaimed again, but I don't see this change as being the key to getting it removed.

I'm hesitant in showing the address on the SAB listing since it has good reviews and this change may trigger a suspension.

Oh, if you DO control it, then it's easy. Instead of putting address on the main, you SAB the dupe with identical NAP+website (substitute service area for...
Hi everyone! I just wanted to fill you in on the good news. All the reviews have been transferred over to the "new" listing, and there is no longer any duplicates floating around. All the photos were removed during the process, but I'm working on getting all those back up. Claiming the duplicate listing and making it an SAB was a scary decision, but it was the only thing that moved the needle and helped end this 5 month battle to remove the duplicate. Thanks to everyone who offered their advice!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to fill you in on the good news. All the reviews have been transferred over to the "new" listing, and there is no longer any duplicates floating around. All the photos were removed during the process, but I'm working on getting all those back up. Claiming the duplicate listing and making it an SAB was a scary decision, but it was the only thing that moved the needle and helped end this 5 month battle to remove the duplicate. Thanks to everyone who offered their advice!

I'm very happy and relieved for you.

This prompted me to check the client I mentioned earlier in the thread, and the review have popped back up for them too... they're not going to be super thrilled about it, but at least the merger managed to push them just above the 4-star mark!

You can always ask Google to transfer the reviews to the listing you own / original. Also did you mark the business permanently closed? I'm not sure if this was suggested but if you have access to the duplicate mark it permanently closed and it should stop showing up.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom